This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (December 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Telos Corporation is an information technology (IT) and cybersecurity company located in Ashburn, Virginia. The company’s name is derived from the Greek word for “purpose” or “goal". Telos primarily serves government and enterprise clients, receiving a large number of its contracts from the United States Department of Defense (DoD).
|Traded as||OTC Pink: TLSRP|
|John B. Wood, President and CEO|
Number of employees
Telos was founded in 1969, and incorporated in Maryland in 1971. From 1975, Telos developed and supported ground-based, telemetry systems for the Jet Propulsion Laboratory. Starting in 1976, the company provided software engineering services for the U.S. Army's tactical fire support systems. It was originally named C3, Incorporated, but in 1992 acquired Telos Corporation of California as a subsidiary (from Contel Federal Systems which was part of GTE) for $32 million and adopted its name. John B. Wood joined the company in 1992 and became president and chief executive in 1994.  Today, Telos is headquartered in Ashburn, Virginia.
Telos is an information technology company focused on designing and providing customers with secure solutions that leverage mobile communication, cloud technology, and collaboration. Its customer base consists primarily of military, intelligence and civilian agencies of the federal government and NATO allies around the world. 
The company provides security in four major areas:
- Secure wired and wireless networks for DoD and federal agencies.
- Software products and consulting services to automate, streamline, and enforce IT security and risk management processes, including cybersecurity consulting services and Xacta brand cyber risk management solutions.
- Secure, automated, web-based software for distributing and managing organizational messaging traffic via the Automated Message Handling System.
- Identity management, logical and physical network security, and identity vetting services.
Operations and InfrastructureEdit
- Telos GSA Schedule
- Telos Identity Management Solutions GSA Schedule
- ADMC-2 Army Desktop and Mobile Computing
- Air Force Network Centric Solutions (NETCENTS-2)
- Alliant 2
- Army Cloud Computing Enterprise Transformation (ACCENT)
- Army Desktop and Mobile Computing-2 (ADMC-2)
- Army Information Management Communications Services III (IMCS III)
- Army Information Technology Enterprise Solutions – 3 Hardware (ITES-3H)
- Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC)
- DHS EAGLE II
- DoD ESI/GSA Smartbuy
- NETCENTS-2 Air Force Network Operations and Infrastructure Solutions
- Risk Management Framework (RMF) Services
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- Telos Corporation (April 2, 2018). "Annual Report for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2017". Form 10-K. SEC. Retrieved August 16, 2018.
- Telos Corporation (March 29, 1996). "Annual Report for the fiscal year ended December 31, 1995". Form 10-K. SEC. Retrieved October 2, 2013.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence (September 5, 2018). "John B. Wood Executive Profile". Executive Profile. Bloomberg. Retrieved September 5, 2018.
- Telos Corporation (March 31, 2010). "Annual Report for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2009". Form 10-K. SEC. Retrieved October 2, 2013.
- Telos Corporation (2018). "Federal Contracts". Telos Corporation. Retrieved August 22, 2018.
- Telos Corporation (2018). "Telos ID Contracts". Telos Corporation. Retrieved August 22, 2018.