Teletoon at Night
Teletoon at Night (formerly The Detour) is a Canadian English-language late night programming block airing on Teletoon, which is owned by Corus Entertainment. The block features programming targeted towards older teen and adult audiences.
|Launched||September 16, 2002|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|Format||Teen and adult-oriented animated/live-action block|
|Running time||nightly from 9 p.m.–3 a.m. ET/PT|
|Official website||Teletoon at Night|
Teletoon at Night's roots lie in two former program blocks that aired on Teletoon: the teenage-oriented block formally known as "The Detour," and the adult-oriented "Teletoon Unleashed" block, which had been dropped due to lack of new content. In September 2004, the two blocks were amalgamated, with all-new branding created by Guru Studio. For the start of the 2006–07 season, a new Friday night companion block, F-Night, debuted, featuring a slightly different lineup, mainly comedy series from Adult Swim (such as Tom Goes to the Mayor and Squidbillies).
In 2007, most of the shows that were featured on "F-Night" were removed to make room for the "F'N Good Movie" (later "Detour Movie") segment, which aired on Thursdays and Fridays at 10:00 p.m. EST, followed by a repeat of the earlier movie telecast. Movies shown during this block were mostly animated or were derived from comic books (such as Scott Pilgrim vs. the World) and other animated series. A majority of the films were designed to target an older teenage or adult audience, which was the intended target and purpose of the block. If the movie did not fill the entire two- to 21⁄2-hour block, animated shorts (such as short films from The Animatrix) were used to fill the remaining time.
On September 1, 2008, the block amended its name to Teletoon Detour. In 2009, the Teletoon at Night branding was introduced but as the name of a separate block; with Teletoon at Night airing on weekdays and Teletoon Detour airing on weekends. In 2010, the "Detour" branding was dropped entirely. In the fall, Teletoon at Night's weekend schedule was branded as Fred at Night, hosted by Fearless Fred of Toronto radio station CFNY-FM. From December 31, 2010, Teletoon at Night's weekend schedule was rebranded as Double Night. In recent years, "Fred at Night" moved to Thursdays and, with the launch of the Canadian version of Adult Swim (via the Canadian version of Cartoon Network), most of the original programming from the U.S. service has migrated to its Canadian counterpart.
In the summer of 2014, movies on Saturdays were branded as the "Saturday Night Funhouse Double Feature". Meanwhile, Teletoon acquired broadcast rights to The Awesomes, a Hulu original series. In October 2014, Bento Box Entertainment, the studio that produces The Awesomes, announced they would be producing a new slate of shows for Teletoon at Night. In the same month, Blue Ant Media, Mondo Media, and Corus announced that Teletoon at Night would air a new series featuring shorts from Bite on Mondo, a program in which content creators pitched ideas for new shows. In 2014, it was announced that Bite would be shutting down, and some series would moving to Teletoon at Night on August 24. It was later revealed on Adult Swim's Facebook page that the new series, dubbed Night Sweats, will air on Adult Swim instead. In 2014, it was announced that Bite would be shutting down, and some series would be moving to Teletoon at Night on August 24.
During the week of September 1, 2015, it was announced on-air that, on that date, several of the block's shows (including original series Fugget About It), will move to Adult Swim. In a press release posted on September 3, 2015, it was announced that the block will now air Mondays through Thursdays starting at 10:00 p.m, with a movie at 11:00 p.m. Teletoon's Superfan Friday block will expand in Teletoon at Night's place. It was later announced in December 2015 that, starting on January 4, 2016, Teletoon at Night will be adding more movies to their schedule and their remaining shows will move over to Adult Swim.
In February 2016, several shows that were airing on Adult Swim began airing on Teletoon at Night. On February 24, 2016, it was announced in a press release that the seventh season of Archer would air on both blocks. In the same month, Teletoon at Night's website revealed that its Fred at Night segment would be discontinued after six years, with the final installment airing on February 25, 2016. On March 23, 2016, it was revealed that Archer's seventh season would instead air on Teletoon at Night, although the season premiere did air in simulcast on Adult Swim. From 2016-2017, the block was broadcast Monday to Thursday nights from 8:00 p.m to 3:00 a.m and from 9:00 p.m to 3:00 a.m on weekends.
Since September 2017, the block airs nightly from 9:00 p.m to 3:00 a.m.
|Fugget About It||September 7, 2012||2012-2015 2016-Present|
|American Dad!||September 1, 2008||2008-2015 2015-Present|
|Archer||October 29, 2011||2011-2015 2016-Present|
|Bob's Burgers||September 7, 2015||2015–Present|
|The Cleveland Show||September 1, 2018||2018–Present|
|Family Guy||September 1, 2003||2003-2007 2011-2015 2016-Present|
|King of the Hill||September 2009||2009-2011 2018-Present|
|Rick and Morty||September 3, 2017||2017–present|
|Robot Chicken||September 2, 2017||2005-2015 2017–present|
|Bromwell High||February 1, 2005||Reruns|
|Clone High||November 2, 2002||Reruns|
|Crash Canyon||September 18, 2011||2017|
|Cybersix||September 6, 1999||Reruns|
|Daft Planet||September 2, 2002||Reruns|||
|Delta State||September 11, 2004||Reruns|
|John Callahan's Quads!||February 2, 2001||2016-2017, 2018|
|Knuckleheads||June 6, 2016||2016-2017|
|Life's a Zoo||September 1, 2008||Reruns|||
|Night Sweats||February 29, 2016||2016–2018|
|Punch!||January 11, 2008||Reruns|
|Sons of Butcher||August 5, 2005||Reruns|
|Station X||September 3, 2005||Reruns|
|Undergrads||April 1, 2001||Reruns|
- Teletoon Canada Inc.. TELETOON Canada inc. » Programming . . URL:http://corp.teletoon.com/en/?page_id=102. Accessed: 2010-12-25. (Archived by WebCite at https://www.webcitation.org/5vFEM1Hk0)
- "Guru Takes Teletoon on a Detour".
- [dead link]
- TELETOON at Night (4 July 2014). "Saturday Double Bill Action Begins this Saturday at 10pm!" – via YouTube.
- "Seth Meyers Assembles Superhero…ish Team of Misfits In Animated Series The Awesomes". Retrieved 2014-08-28.
- Bloom, David (October 13, 2014). "'Bob's Burgers' Maker Bento Box, Corus To Produce Teletoon Primetime Slate Of Shows". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved April 22, 2015.
- BLUE ANT MEDIA AND MONDO MEDIA ANNOUNCE BROADCAST DEAL WITH CORUS ENTERTAINMENT FOR NEW PRIMETIME ANIMATED SERIES, Blue Ant Media, 2015-01-20
- Patel, Sahil (October 10, 2014). "Blue Ant and Mondo Media's 'Bite On Mondo' Gets TV Show with Corus". Videoink. Retrieved January 20, 2015.
- "Adult Swim (Canada)". www.facebook.com.
- "TV Listings- Find Local TV Listings and Watch Full Episodes - Zap2it.com". tvschedule.zap2it.com.
- "Schedule - Adult Swim". www.adultswim.ca.
- "Schedule - Teletoon at Night". www.teletoonatnight.com.
- "TELETOON Goes Back To Cool This Fall!" (Press release). September 3, 2015. Retrieved September 3, 2015.
- [dead link]
- "Corus Entertainment Boosts its Adult Swim Lineup with the Best in Primetime Animation - Corus Entertainment".
- "Archer Returns to TELETOON at Night on March 31 at 10 p.m. ET/PT". Retrieved April 2, 2016.
- "sous_section_filmo". 10 October 2007.
- "Teletoon Unveils Fall Programming Highlights" (Press release). Teletoon Canada. Channel Canada. July 14, 2008. Archived from the original on October 21, 2013.
- www.teletoonatnight.com – Teletoon at Night website