This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
TM Forum is a global industry association for service providers and their suppliers in the telecommunications industry. Members include communications and digital service providers, telephone companies, cable operators, network operators, cloud providers, digital infrastructure providers, software suppliers, equipment suppliers, systems integrators and management consultancies. The Forum has over 850 member companies that collectively generate US$2 trillion in revenue and serve five billion customers across 180 countries.
|Predecessor||OSI/Network Management Forum |
TM Forum provides an open, collaborative environment along with practical tools and information to help its members in their digital transformation initiatives. Its services include collaboration programs and Catalyst proof-of-concept projects, industry research and benchmarks, technology roadmaps, best-practice guidebooks, business process guidelines and open APIs, as well as certified training, conferences and research. The Forum also provides its member community with marketing and networking opportunities, and provides insight and analysis through its[INFORM website.
TM Forum's online community of over 60,000 professionals provides a portal for members and non-members to collaborate with peers, foster connections and support each other on day-to-day work challenges.
TM Forum's work includes Open Digital Framework, Open Digital Architecture, a suite of over 50 REST-based Open APIs, Frameworx, Business Process Framework (eTOM), Frameworx Shared Information/Data Model (SID) and Telecom Application Map (TAM).
TM Forum was founded as the OSI/Network Management Forum in 1988 by eight companies to collaboratively solve systems and operational management issues with the OSI protocols. In 1998 the name was changed to the TeleManagement Forum. In 2008, the organization changed its name to TM Forum.
Conferences & EventsEdit
TM Forum hosts a variety of global events year-round.
- Digital Transformation World, Digital Transformation North America and Digital Transformation Asia and Digital Transformation Middle East are large industry gatherings held in Europe, North America, Asia, and the Middle East respectively.
- Action Week is a collaborative event where members come together to work with like-minded peers and industry experts on projects covering AI, data analytics, customer experience management, digital ecosystems, Open APIs, and more. TM Forum hosts two Action Weeks per year: one in North America co-located with Digital Transformation North America in September and another in Lisbon, Portugal in early February.
- TM Forum Local events are networking events held in locations around the world.
- Digital Leadership Summits are invitation-only workshops held in locations around the world.
- J. Embry P. Manson and D. Milham (July 1990). "An open network management architecture: OSI/NM Forum architecture and concepts". IEEE Network. IEEE Communications Society. 4 (4): 14–22. doi:10.1109/65.56547.CS1 maint: uses authors parameter (link)
- "About the TM Forum: History". Archived from the original on November 9, 2011. Retrieved October 12, 2011. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "TM Forum". Official web site.