Tehran Bus Rapid Transit
Tehran Bus Rapid Transit was officially inaugurated in 2008 in order to facilitate the motor traffic in Tehran. As at 2011 the bus rapid transit (BRT) system had a network of 100 kilometers which transports 1.8 million passengers on a daily basis.
Tehran has currently 10 BRT lines.
- Line 1: Azadi Terminal to Tehranpars crossroad (Jan. 2008)
- Line 2: Azadi Terminal to Khavaran Terminal
- Line 3: Science & Tech Terminal to Khavaran Terminal (Feb. 2009)
- Line 4: Tehran South Terminal to Chamran Highway-Parkway Intersection (Afshar Terminal)
- Line 5: Science & Tech (Elm-o-san'at (Persian: دانشگاه علم و صنعت) Terminal to Argentina Sq. (Beihaghi Terminal)
- Line 6: Chamran Highway-Parkway Intersection (Afshar Terminal) to Sohanak (Laleh Terminal)
- Line 7: Railway station that is located in southern part of Tehran to Tajrish that is located in northern part of Tehran. (Valiasr Ave.)
- Line 8: Tehran South Terminal to Khavaran Terminal
- Line 9: Sohanak (Laleh Terminal) to Javanmard Ghassab Metro Station
- Line 10: Azadi Sq. to Daneshgah Azad sq. in Hesarak