|Died||July 15, 2001 (aged 81)|
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Resting place||Hillside Memorial Park Cemetery|
|Occupation||Film director, animator, screenwriter|
Joining Disney in the 1940s, Berman started off as an animator, but focused on writing and directing in his later years. Berman was also a fine-arts painter. He served on the Disney staff for nearly 50 years. Berman worked on a number of successful theatrical releases by the Mouse House along with his work with The Wonderful World of Color and The Mickey Mouse Club. In the 1980s, he helped direct The Fox and the Hound and The Black Cauldron before he retired from Disney.
- Bedknobs and Broomsticks (1971) (Animation Story)
- The Rescuers (1977) (Additional Story)
- The Fox and the Hound (1981) (Screenplay)
- The Black Cauldron (1985) (Story)
- 101 Dalmatians (1961) (Character Animator)