Technological Educational Institute of the Ionian Islands
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Technological Educational Institute of Ionian Islands (TEI ION; Greek: Τεχνολογικό Εκπαιδευτικό Ίδρυμα (Τ.Ε.Ι.) Ιονίων Νήσων) is a fully self-governing higher-educational institute under state supervision, exercised by the Minister of National Education and Religious Affairs. The institute is based in Argostoli on the island of Kefalonia, with satellite campuses in Lixouri, Lefkada and Zakynthos. The Technological Educational Institute offers also postgraduate courses in collaboration with other universities in Greece and abroad.  In 2018 the TEI of Ionian Islands and the Ionian University will form a new University. 
Τεχνολογικό Εκπαιδευτικό Ίδρυμα Ιονίων Νήσων
Greece University System
Higher Education Institution
The Ionian Islands have a long tradition in education. The Ionian Academy was the first university of modern Greece. In 1908 Panayis Athanase Vagliano donated the Agricultural School of Argostoli and in 1915 the Vallianos Vocational School in Lixouri. In 2003 these two schools and some others in the Ionian Islands were unified to the new TEI of the Ionian Islands.
Schools and departmentsEdit
The university comprises four Schools and six Departments.
|School of Technological Applications|
|School of Music Technology||
|School of Administration and Economics|
|School of Agriculture Technology and Food and Nutrition Technology||
The language of instruction at the TEI of Ionian Islands is Greek. Therefore, a good knowledge of Greek is essential for regular students. However, special arrangements are made for certain number of courses for Erasmus students who wish to follow regular courses. Additionally, a few courses are taught in English and there are plans for some more.
In 2016 the external evaluation committee gave TEI of Ionian Islands a Positive evaluation.
- Ionian Academy, the first Greek academic institution established in modern times (1824).
- University of Ioannina, a university located in Epirus, established in 1970.
- Ionian University, a university located in Corfu, established in 1984.
- List of research institutes in Greece
- List of universities in Greece
- Academic grading in Greece
- Education in Greece
- Ionian Islands
- "TEI of Ionian Islands - External Evaluation Report" (PDF). www.adip.gr. 2016."Overall we have a positive view of the role of the institution while taking under consideration the short life of the institution and the major exogenous changes that have taken place over the last 13 years. Recommendations: Continue to leverage geographic location, cultural heritage, agriculture, and environment as areas of distinction for TEIION among Greek and European HEIs. Further align TEIION’s research with the needs of the wider community of the Regions of Ionian Islands, Epirus, and Western Greece."
- "TEI of Ionian Islands - Internal Evaluation Report 2015" (PDF) (in Greek). modipsite.teiion.gr. 2015.
- "New Ionian University - Presentation" (in Greek). www.minedu.gov.gr. 2018.
- "Ionian University merge with TEI of Ionian Islands - Education Bill" (in Greek). www.opengov.gr. 2018.
- "TEI of Ionian - Schools and Departments". www.teicm.gr. 2018.
- "Department of Digital Media and Communication - MODIP Internal Evaluation Report" (PDF) (in Greek).
- "Department of Environmental Technology - MODIP Internal Evaluation Report" (PDF) (in Greek).
- "Department of Conservation of Antiquities and Works of Art - MODIP Internal Evaluation Report" (PDF) (in Greek).
- "Department of Sound and Musical Instruments Technology - HQA External Evaluation Report" (PDF).
- "Department of Business Administration - MODIP Internal Evaluation Report" (PDF) (in Greek).
- "Department of Applications of Information Technology in Administration and Economy - MODIP Internal Evaluation Report" (PDF) (in Greek).
- "Department of Food Technology - HQA External Evaluation Report" (PDF).
- "ATHENA Plan - Ministry of Education" (in Greek). 2013.
- "Press Release - ATHENA Plan" (PDF) (in Greek). www.minedu.gov.gr. 2013-01-31.
- "Hellenic Quality Assurance and Accreditation Agency - External Evaluation". www.adip.gr. 2018.
- TEI of Ionian Islands - Official Webpage (in Greek and English)
- Hellenic Quality Assurance and Accreditation Agency (HQA) (in Greek and English)
- TEI of Ionian Islands - Internal Quality Assurance Unit (in Greek)
- TEI of Ionian Islands - LLP/ERASMUS Office (in Greek and English)
- "ATHENA" Plan for Higher Education (in Greek)
- Greek Research and Technology Network (GRNET) (in Greek and English)
- Hellenic Academic Libraries Link (HEAL-Link) (in Greek and English)
- okeanos (GRNET's cloud service) (in Greek and English)