Tatyana Ivanovna Shmyga (Russian: Татьяна Ивановна Шмыга; born 31 December 1928 – died 3 February 2011) was a Soviet and Russian operetta/musical theatre performer. She went on to act in films as well. She was a People's Artist of the USSR (1978).
Moscow-born Shmyga graduated from the Lunacharsky State Institute for Theatre Arts, where she studied voice under Dora Borisovna Beliavskaia and acting under Joseph Mikhailovich Tumanov, later becoming a soloist with the Moscow Operetta Theater the same year. She began acting in films in 1962, notably appearing in Eldar Ryazanov's The Hussar Ballad.
Shmyga remains the only musical theatre actress to date to receive the title of People's Artist of the USSR. She also received the M.I. Glinka State Prize of the RSFSR in 1974, the Order of the Badge of Honor and several other medals.
She was married three times:
- Lenta.ru "Tatyana Shmyga dies", lenta.ru, 3 February 2011; accessed 2 June 2017.(in Russian)
- Profile, encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com; accessed 2 June 2017.
- Прекрасная леди российской оперетты Archived 2014-05-18 at the Wayback Machine
- Интервью Татьяны Шмыги и Анатолия Кремера на радиостанции Эхо Москвы 17 января 1999 года
- Татьяна Шмыга борется с тяжёлым недугом
- Страница Татьяны Шмыги на сайте Московского театра оперетты
- Фотогалерея Татьяны Шмыги на сайте «Мастера музыкального театра»