|Length||55.7 km (34.6 mi)|
|To||Futtsu-Takeoka Interchange in Futtsu, Chiba|
Futtsu Tateyama Road
Chiba Prefectural Route 91
|Major cities||Ichihara, Sodegaura, Kisarazu, Kimitsu, Futtsu|
|National highways of Japan|
Expressways of Japan
Tateyama refers to the city of the same name on the Bōsō Peninsula, a major city in the region. Though the Tateyama Expressway does not actually reach the city proper, its extension the Futtsu Tateyama Road terminates at a point just beyond the city boundary in Minamibōsō City.
Officially the expressway is referred to as the Higashi-Kantō Expressway Tateyama Route and the Higashi-Kantō Expressway Chiba Futtsu Route.
Together with the Keiyō Road and Futtsu Tateyama Road, the expressway forms a link connecting the greater Tokyo area with southern Chiba Prefecture. The expressway has a junction with the Tokyo Bay Aqua-Line, creating the only direct road link connecting Chiba and Kanagawa Prefectures.
The first section of the expressway was opened to traffic in 1995 and the entire route was completed in 2007. The section from Kimitsu Interchange to Futtsu-Takeoka Interchange is 2 lanes, while the remainder is 4 lanes.
List of interchanges and featuresEdit
- IC - interchange, JCT - junction, SA - service area, PA - parking area, BS - bus stop, TN - tunnel, BR - bridge, TB - toll gate
(all in Chiba)
|Through to Keiyō Road|
|13||Ichihara IC||National Route 297 (Ichihara Bypass)||8.0||43.4||Ichihara|
|14||Anesaki-Sodegaura IC||Pref. Route 24 (Chiba Kamogawa Route)||18.0||33.4|
|15||Kisarazu-kita IC|| National Route 409 (Bōsō Ōdan Road)
National Route 410
|16||Kisarazu JCT|| Tokyo Bay Aqua-Line
|17||Kisarazu-minami JCT||Kisarazu-minami Branch Route||30.7||20.7|
|BS||Kisarazu-Hatorino Bus Stop||↓||↑||○|
|18||Kimitsu IC||Pref. Route 92 (Kimitsu Kamogawa Route)||34.7||16.7||Kimitsu|
|19||Futtsu-Chūō IC||National Route 127 (Uchibō Nagisa Line)||43.9||7.5||Futtsu|
|TN||Tenba Tunnel||↓||↑||Length - 1,260 m|
|20||Futtsu-Takeoka IC||Pref. Route 91 (Takeoka Inter Route)||51.4||0.0|
|Through to Futtsu Tateyama Road|
Kisarazu-minami Branch RouteEdit
(all in Chiba)
|17||Kisarazu-minami JCT||Main Route||0.0||4.3||Kisarazu|
|TB||Kisarazu-minami Toll Gate||↓||↑|
|17-1||Kisarazu-minami IC|| National Route 127
National Route 16 (Tokyo Wangan Road)
- Japan Civil Engineering Contractors Association. "Construction History of Japan, 1995". Archived from the original on 2007-02-17. Retrieved 2008-04-16.
- "E-NEXCO Expressway Data". Retrieved 2008-04-16.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport. "High Standard Trunk Road Map" (PDF). Archived from the original (pdf) on 2011-09-20. Retrieved 2008-04-13.
- "E-NEXCO Press Release, April 26, 2007". Retrieved 2008-04-16.