Tate Publishing & Enterprises
Tate Publishing & Enterprises, LLC is a Christian publisher that prints books of all types. In general, it operates on the vanity press model in which most authors pay for the publication of their books. Its publishing charges may be refunded for books with sufficient sales volumes. The company was founded by Richard and Rita Tate and is located in Mustang, Oklahoma. The company also runs the Tate Music Group record label. As of 2009, the company had doubled its operations since 2007.
In May 2012, 25 employees, out of over 200, were fired. According to the company president, this was a disciplinary action rather than a layoff, in response to employee leaks of confidential information related to rumors that the company would be outsourcing its operations to the Philippines.
In January 2017 Tate ceased operation and notified the public that they would no longer accept new authors. Their website was set up to handle assistance for those under contract, prospective clients and vendors.
- "10 Publishing Mistakes And How to Avoid Them - by Patricia Fry". Matilijapress.com. Retrieved April 3, 2013.
- Book Publisher Watches and Warnings: Vanity Publishing, Publisher Standards Board, 2006, retrieved September 4, 2009
- "Publishing on paper". Quentinslist.com. Retrieved April 3, 2013.
- Eric Feuerborn. "USAO Alumni Reunion Happens Everyday [sic] At Tate Publishing | The University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma". Usao.edu. Retrieved April 3, 2013.
- "Tate Publishing President Ryan Tate Fires 25 - Journal Record". The Journal Record. May 31, 2012. Retrieved April 3, 2013.
- "Oklahoma CEO prays with, insults, then fires employees". News OK. June 1, 2012. Retrieved April 3, 2013.
- "Mustang's Tate Publishing winds down its business amid lawsuit". NewsOK.com. January 19, 2017. Retrieved March 4, 2017.
- "Tate Publishing Transition Information Center". February 25, 2017. Archived from the original on February 25, 2017. Retrieved March 4, 2017.