Tatar Encyclopaedic Dictionary (Tatar: Татар энциклопедия сүзлек; ТЭС) is the first encyclopaedic dictionary published in Tatar language about history of Tatarstan and the Tatar people. The publication is produced by Tatar Encyclopedia Institute of the Republic of Tatarstan Academy of Sciences.
…publication of Tatar Encyclopaedic Dictionary is a long-awaited event. This is a materialization of a dream shared by many generations of scientific intelligentsia of our republic, beginning with Kayum Nasiri, Shihabetdin Marjani, Rizaetdin Fakhretdin… We have finally proved that we are capable of developing and publishing such a wonderful reference.
Tatar Encyclopaedia Institute further started work on developing multi-volume Tatar Encyclopaedia (in Russian - vol.1 in 2002, vol.2 in 2005, vol.3 in 2006, vol.4 in 2008 & vol.5 in 2010: in Tatar - vol.1 in 2008; vol.2 in 2011; vol.3 in 2012), Tatarstan: Illustrated encyclopedia (in Russian, 2013). The responsible editor for the encyclopedia is Gamirjan S. Sabirjanov.
Tatar Encyclopaedia Institute founding director, TES and Tatar Encyclopaedia's founding editor-in-chief M. Kh. Khasanovdied in 2010.
- Tatar Encyclopedic Dictionary presentation, November 3, 1999. (in Russian)
- Tatar Encyclopaedia Institute of the Republic of Tatarstan Academy of Sciences. About (in Russian)
- Tatarstan encyclopaedia presented at international conference, Moscow, September 12, 2013
- Mansur Khasanov died in Kazan. (in Russian)
- Tatar Encyclopaedia (in five volumes). Volume 2: G-J M.H.Hasanov (chief editor)
- "Issue information". Tatar Encyclopaedia (in Tatar). Kazan: The Republic of Tatarstan Academy of Sciences. Institution of the Tatar Encyclopaedia. 2002.