Tantra massage and tantric massage are two defined massages developed in Berlin 1977. Erotic massage which incorporates elements from the neotantric movement in the Western world massages the primary erogenous zones of the body, being mouth phalic vagina and or anus. .
The massage includes various techniques from different schools of massage with elements from yoga, bioenergetics, and sexual therapy. According to the Tantric Massage Association, it was developed in the 1980s by Andro Andreas Rothe, founder of Diamond Lotus Tantra Lounge, the first Tantra institute in Germany (1977).
The client or the receiver of a tantra massage is not a giver. Their duty is to receive the massage and surrender to the rediscovery of senses feelings and emotions. The process combines the feeling of well-being associated with deep relaxation therapeutic as people come to resolve issues related to relationship issues, self esteem issues including sexual issues.
Also according to the Tantric Massage Association Berlin, tantra massage is based on ideas taken from the work of Wilhelm Reich, Carl Jung, Carl Rogers and Alexander Lowen. Other sources of inspiration included the work of Mantak Chia, Joseph Kramer (who developed the "lingam massage"), and Annie Sprinkle (who developed the "yoni massage"). Andro Rothé developed Tantra Massage, Tantra Erotic Massage and less known Yin Yang Massage which is compulsory Module of Tantra Massage course. According to the published information on their website, tantric massage does allow any kind of sexual exchange.
The Tantric Massage Association represents members in Germany and Switzerland. German courts have attempted to make tantra massage teaching taxable. Any provider of Tantra Massage has to pay tax. German has recently outlawed the term erotic massage as the term has own been allocated to Sex workers only .
Andro Rothé methodology is now been offered in the UK.
- Kenneth Ray Stubbs (1999). The Erotic Massage: The Tantric Touch of Love. Jeremy Tarcher/Putnam. ISBN 978-0-87477-962-2.
- Michaels, Mark A. and Patricia Johnson (2006). Essence of Tantric Sexuality, chapter 14. Llewellyn Publications. ISBN 073870900X
- Kenneth Ray Stubbs; Louise-Andrée Saulnier (1 August 1999). Tantric Massage: The Erotic Touch of Love. Rider. ISBN 978-0-7126-7078-4.
- Kenneth Ray Stubbs; Kyle Spencer (3 January 2000). The Essential Tantra: A Modern Guide to Sacred Sexuality. Penguin Publishing Group. ISBN 978-1-101-10032-5.
- Tantric Massage Association: The Massage
- von Nadja Brenneisen (2015-09-09). "Ich war bei einer Tantra-Massage und habe Sexualität abseits von Klischees kennengelernt". Vice. Retrieved 2015-11-20.
- Tantric Massage Association: Members
- "Court mulls sex tax for tantra massage". thelocal.de. 2014-07-03. Retrieved 2015-11-20.