The massage includes various techniques from different schools of massage with elements from yoga, bioenergetics, and sexual therapy. According to the Tantric Massage Association, it was developed in the 1980s by Andro Andreas Rothe, founder of Diamond Lotus Tantra Lounge, the first Tantra institute in Germany (1977).
The client or recipient of a tantra massage plays a passive role in the process. The process combines the feeling of well-being associated with deep relaxation with the therapeutic confrontation of sexual issues.
Also according to the Tantric Massage Association, tantra massage is based on ideas taken from the work of Wilhelm Reich, Carl Jung, Carl Rogers and Alexander Lowen. Other sources of inspiration included the work of Mantak Chia, Joseph Kramer (who developed the "lingam massage"), and Annie Sprinkle (who developed the "yoni massage"). According to the published information on their website, tantric massage does not require any kind of sexual exchange.
- Kenneth Ray Stubbs (1999). The Erotic Massage: The Tantric Touch of Love. Jeremy Tarcher/Putnam. ISBN 978-0-87477-962-2.
- Michaels, Mark A. and Patricia Johnson (2006). Essence of Tantric Sexuality, chapter 14. Llewellyn Publications. ISBN 073870900X
- Kenneth Ray Stubbs; Louise-Andrée Saulnier (1 August 1999). Tantric Massage: The Erotic Touch of Love. Rider. ISBN 978-0-7126-7078-4.
- Kenneth Ray Stubbs; Kyle Spencer (3 January 2000). The Essential Tantra: A Modern Guide to Sacred Sexuality. Penguin Publishing Group. ISBN 978-1-101-10032-5.
- Tantric Massage Association: The Massage
- von Nadja Brenneisen (2015-09-09). "Ich war bei einer Tantra-Massage und habe Sexualität abseits von Klischees kennengelernt". Vice. Retrieved 2015-11-20.
- Tantric Massage Association: Members
- "Court mulls sex tax for tantra massage". thelocal.de. 2014-07-03. Retrieved 2015-11-20.
Massage Next Door - Genuine Tantra blogger and provider. 
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|