This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Tantra, or tantric massage, are two defined massages developed in Berlin in 1977. The word Tantra refers to an esoteric yogic tradition that developed in India from the middle of the 1st millennium CE onwards. Erotic massage which incorporates elements from the neotantric movement in the Western world massages the primary erogenous zones of the body, those being the mouth, the phallus (penis), the vagina and the anus.
Tantric massage is also known as a physical act of touch that intends to enlighten those interacting in it by harnessing sexual energy within the body.
Tantra massage Edit
According to the Tantric Massage Association, Tantra massage was developed in the 1980s by Andro Andreas Rothe, founder of Diamond Lotus Tantra Lounge, the first Tantra institute in Germany (1977).
A tantric massage client or receiver is not a giver. It is their responsibility to accept the massage and yield to the rediscovering of senses, feelings, and emotions. As people come to resolve issues related to relationships, self-esteem, and sexual life, the process combines a sense of well-being with deep relaxation.
According to the Tantric Massage Association Berlin, tantra massage is based on ideas taken from the work of Wilhelm Reich, Carl Jung, Carl Rogers and Alexander Lowen. Other sources of inspiration included the work of Mantak Chia, Joseph Kramer – who developed the "Lingam massage" (origin of the word Lingam is Sanskrit in which it means organ) and "Taoist Erotic Massage" – and Annie Sprinkle, who developed the "Yoni massage".
See also Edit
- Kenneth Ray Stubbs (1999). The Erotic Massage: The Tantric Touch of Love. Jeremy Tarcher/Putnam. ISBN 978-0-87477-962-2.
- Michaels, Mark A. and Patricia Johnson (2006). Essence of Tantric Sexuality, chapter 14. Llewellyn Publications. ISBN 073870900X
- Kenneth Ray Stubbs; Louise-Andrée Saulnier (1 August 1999). Tantric Massage: The Erotic Touch of Love. Rider. ISBN 978-0-7126-7078-4.
- Kenneth Ray Stubbs; Kyle Spencer (3 January 2000). The Essential Tantra: A Modern Guide to Sacred Sexuality. Penguin Publishing Group. ISBN 978-1-101-10032-5.
- Tantric Massage Association: The Massage Archived 2006-11-21 at the Wayback Machine
- von Nadja Brenneisen (2015-09-09). "Ich war bei einer Tantra-Massage und habe Sexualität abseits von Klischees kennengelernt". Vice. Retrieved 2015-11-20.