Tanner Jaillet (born August 18, 1993) is a Canadian professional ice hockey goaltender who is currently playing with Karlskrona HK in the HockeyAllsvenskan (Allsv). He helped Denver win their eighth National Title in 2017 and received the Mike Richter Award as the National Goaltender of the Year the same season.
August 18, 1993|
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|Weight||180 lb (82 kg; 12 st 12 lb)|
Jaillet was an unheralded goaltender playing in the Alberta Junior Hockey League, going undrafted in his first year of eligibility despite his team reaching the league championship. Jaillet remained with the Fort McMurray Oil Barons for two more seasons before joining the college ranks.
Jaillet joined the program in Denver for the 2014–15 season, going 15–8 while splitting time with sophomore Evan Cowley. By the end of the season, however, Jaillet was in net for both of Denver's games at the 2015 NCAA Tournament and was establishing himself as the #1 goaltender for the team. The two goalies continued to share the crease in 2015–16 with Jaillet taking the lion's share and by the start of 2016–17 Jaillet had firmly established himself as the starting goaltender. 2017 also coincided with Denver's first 30-win season in 12 years and the program's 8th National Title. Jaillet finished 3rd in the nation in goals against average despite not recording a single shut out all season. He was named as the national goaltender of the year, receiving the Mike Richter Award for his stellar play, but somehow was not named a First Team All-American, ending up on the West Second Team instead. Despite Denver losing several players, including the Hobey Baker Award-winning Will Butcher, Jaillet performed nearly as well in his senior season, allowing his g.a.a. to rise only by 0.04 points. While he wasn't able to get Denver back to the Frozen Four he was able to lead the team to the NCHC Tournament Champonship, winning Tournament MVP in the process. In his penultimate college game, Jaillet won his 82nd contest, tying the program record he now holds with Ron Grahame.
Awards and honorsEdit
|All-NCHC First Team||2016–17|||
|AHCA West Second Team All-American||2016–17|||
|All-NCHC First Team||2017–18|||
|AHCA West Second Team All-American||2017–18|||
- "Univ. of Denver 2014-15 Statistics". Elite Prospects. Retrieved May 1, 2019.
- "TANNER JAILLET GETS PRO OPPORTUNITY WITH WOLFSBURG GRIZZLIES OF TOP GERMAN LEAGUE (DEL)". Denver Pioneers. August 12, 2018. Retrieved May 1, 2019.
- "Denver, UMD Pace 2016-17 NCHC All-Conference Teams". Nchchockey.com. Retrieved 2017-07-15.
- "Men's Ice Hockey Award Winners" (PDF). NCAA.org. Retrieved 2013-07-05.
- "Seven Programs Represented on 2017–18 NCHC All-Conference Teams". Nchchockey.com. Retrieved 2018-03-27.
- "2017-18 All-Americans". NCAA.org. Retrieved April 23, 2018.
- Biographical information and career statistics from Eliteprospects.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|Awards and achievements|
| NCHC Goaltender of the Year
| Mike Richter Award
| NCHC Tournament MVP