|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Salaries of members of the United States Congress article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
- They're staff gets paid just like any other government worker. Dumaka (talk) 16:30, 2 March 2012 (UTC)
- Congressmen may have no more than 18+4 staff members - paid out of their MRA, which averages $1,268,520.
- ~ender 2018-01-15 00:35:AM MST
This was archived, but the issue has not been addressed:
- The PDF says the Representatives' MRA averages around $1,268,520, for their other costs, including franked mail, staff, etc. Senators have access to the SOPOEA - FY2017 legislative branch appropriations bill shows a range of $3,043,454 to $4,815,203. The average allowance is $3,306,570.
- ~ender 2018-01-15 00:22:AM MST
Are Senators considered members of the House of Representatives? As there is no separate salaries listed for baseline Senators in schedule 6, as there are for baseline Representatives.
~ender 2018-01-15 00:22:AM MST
- According to the PDF listed above, both Senators and Representatives (if I'm reading correctly), who don't have special job functions, get paid the same.
- ~ender 2018-01-15 00:36:AM MST