- The following is a closed discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was: Moved all per discussion below. (non-admin closure) –Ammarpad (talk) 05:26, 31 October 2018 (UTC)
– Three issues here:
- The American series is at Providence (TV series) but is insufficiently disambiguated from the Canadian series, and needs additional disambiguation. Providence (TV series) should point back to Providence#Film and television as per WP:INCDAB.
- There is no other Canadian TV series with the title Providence, and WP:NCTV makes no provision for "sub-national disambiguation" anyway, so Providence (Quebec TV series) should be moved to Providence (Canadian TV series)
- The film article seems to have unnecessary disambiguation, as there is no other film (article) with this title, and for a long time Providence (film) simply redirected to Providence (1977 film). So the latter should simply be moved to Providence (film). --IJBall (contribs • talk) 15:43, 23 October 2018 (UTC)
- Support all 3 per WP:NCTV and WP:NCF. --Gonnym (talk) 16:17, 23 October 2018 (UTC)
- Support all three suggestions: there seems to be a rather patchy attempt at disambiguation for all three cases, but in particular for the Providence (TV series) article, which is quite vague. While it is true that there is a disambiguation hatnote for the Canadian series on the U.S. series article, it would be clearer title-wise if it were specifically referred to as a U.S. series. As for the others, my opinions are as stated by "IJBall". 18.104.22.168 (talk) 16:23, 23 October 2018 (UTC)
- Support All 3 per WP:PDAB and WP:PRECISE, assuming the 1991 film isn't notable. It was deleted in 2016 via PROD. Crouch, Swale (talk) 18:27, 23 October 2018 (UTC)
- Point taken, but it's "preemptive disambiguation", which we don't do. If the 1991 movie ever gets its own article, we can move the 1977 film article back at that point. But, right now, it's the only game in town... --IJBall (contribs • talk) 19:10, 23 October 2018 (UTC)
- Yes this should be a conditional move, that is to say that if the 1991 film is re created/undeleted, or otherwise shown to be notable, it can be boldly moved back without the need for a new RM. Crouch, Swale (talk) 19:16, 23 October 2018 (UTC)
- Support – seems eminently sensible to me. 😀 —Joeyconnick (talk) 22:46, 24 October 2018 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.