No, no, stop rolling your eyes, seriously! This one is short. It will be a nice palette cleanser from my writing. If I have not posted a review by the end of the weekend, you have my permission to murder me in my sleep. Indrian (talk) 00:57, 12 April 2019 (UTC)
- I laughed a little bit when I read this. I look forward to seeing your review and buffing this up as needed. Red Phoenix talk 12:41, 12 April 2019 (UTC)
Look a review! And in the promised time frame no less!
- "It is known for its pioneering hardware and graphics and innovative features such as a selectable soundtrack with music composed by Hiroshi Kawaguchi, along with nonlinear gameplay." - This sentence goes on a bit. Are you considering the nonlinear game play one of its innovative features? If yes, then it should be joined with "and" without the comma. If not, it feels really tacked on and would be better as part of a new sentence.
- I think we could be a little clearer on how the stages and the timer work. Namely, that the timer counts down over each stage of the journey and that it resets once you reach a checkpoint at the end of the stage.
- I think I would switch around the sentences in the second paragraph to be more chronological. It comes across as disjointed when you say "the game was based on a tour of Europe, but he actually almost toured the United States instead."
- "On the same trip, while in Monaco," - In context I think its clear this is on the same trip.
- "Development of Out Run was done by a small team of four programmers" - Passive voice.
"The 1991 Sega Genesis version also received positive reviews." - I assume you were unable to find any reviews to quote, but this really feels like a weird afterthought after the detail lavished on the other ports.
- The Génération 4 reference for Atari ST is wrong. It's here, n° 5 . I don't find the Génération 4 refence for Amiga... regards --Archimëa (talk) 22:38, 25 April 2019 (UTC)
- Golden joystick awards are 1988, no ?  --Archimëa (talk) 22:42, 25 April 2019 (UTC)
There is a nice interview on shmuplations with one of Sega's earliest and longest-tenured employees in which he discusses the role that Out Run and other taikan games played in revitalizing Sega's arcade fortunes in the mid 1980s. I think that would be a nice addition to either the reception or the legacy section.
All in all, a good article. I will put the nomination On hold while concerns are addressed.
- @Indrian: Thanks for the review. I believe I have everything addressed. Red Phoenix talk 14:26, 14 April 2019 (UTC)
- @Red Phoenix: Just so you know, this week is insane, and I may not finish this until next week. This was a complete review not a first pass, so I fully expect to pass it next week. I just need a block of time where I can give the article one more close read. Indrian (talk) 07:45, 23 April 2019 (UTC)