Talk:Lynching in the United States
|↓||Skip to table of contents||↓|
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Lynching in the United States article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Archives: 1, 2|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Placement of photosEdit
Given that blacks were victims of lynchings by a rate of many times that of any other ethnic group, it seems inappropriate to have a photo of a lynched non-black man leading the article. I suggest another be put in its place.Parkwells (talk) 18:32, 2 February 2017 (UTC)
Even though blacks were disproportionally the targets of lynchings, to exclude photos of the lynching of others would encourage a misrepresentation of history.MarkSonntag (talk) 15:01, 23 February 2017 (UTC)
Lynching and political violence have a much bigger role in American than just its manifestations against blacks. Well documented, in easily available sources, are the attacks that were carried out against Mormons.. From my readings, I am aware, (but it is extremely hard to find documentation), that the political violence that became common in the South of the post Civil War period was used in at various times and places in the Antebellum South as various white factions battled each other for control of their states.MarkSonntag (talk) 15:07, 23 February 2017 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 5 external links on Lynching in the United States. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080515152951/http://mailer.fsu.edu/~mjones/rosewood/rosewood.html to http://mailer.fsu.edu/~mjones/rosewood/rosewood.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120322090032/http://www.electricprint.com/academic/department/AandL/AAS/ANNOUNCE/vra/lynch/congress/congress1.htm to http://www.electricprint.com/academic/department/AandL/AAS/ANNOUNCE/vra/lynch/congress/congress1.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150420104444/http://abhmuseum.org/2012/01/freedoms-heros-during-jim-crow-flossie-bailey-and-the-deeters/ to http://abhmuseum.org/2012/01/freedoms-heros-during-jim-crow-flossie-bailey-and-the-deeters/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150827121413/http://www.newarkadvocate.com/article/20100712/NEWS01/7110310/100-years-ago-Newark-streets-were-lawless to http://www.newarkadvocate.com/article/20100712/NEWS01/7110310/100-years-ago-Newark-streets-were-lawless
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060927105906/http://www.sfmuseum.org/hist1/vigil56.html to http://www.sfmuseum.org/hist1/vigil56.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormonism_and_violence Missing or empty