- The following is a closed discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was: not moved. (closed by page mover) GeoffreyT2000 (talk) 00:30, 27 December 2017 (UTC)
List of Royal Canadian Navy ships of the Second World War → List of Royal Canadian Navy ships of World War II – "Foo of the Second World War" is generally avoided with "Foo of World War II" being the prefereable format here. Note that the World War II categories this article is in all use the latter format; this is the only article in Category:Lists of World War II ships not to use "World War II" format. Note that the article on the war itself is at World War II, not Second World War. WP:ENGVAR may be relevant, but at the same time we shouldn't have one article in a group of articles at a significantly different title than all the others. The Bushranger One ping only 23:05, 18 December 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose - only because the article would not fit into History of the Royal Canadian Navy under the Second World War heading and not be of similar title as the corresponding First World War list. You change one, you got to change em all. Llammakey (talk) 00:05, 19 December 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose I do not see how the proposed change improves anything. Our readers are not too stupid to cope with variations in the English language, and the imposition of one form for the sake of "consistency" adds nothing to usability, while grating on those who respect and value such differences. DuncanHill (talk) 01:10, 19 December 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose per Llammakey - nothing to be gained from changing a whole series of article titles. Plus, "Second World War" cannot be reasonably considered a "significantly different title" from "World War II". 22.214.171.124 (talk) 14:16, 20 December 2017 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.