Kumkum Bhagya is currently a Television good article nominee.
Anyone who has not contributed significantly to (or nominated) this article may review it according to the good article criteria to decide whether or not to list it as a good article, as outlined on the nominations page.
Reviewers: To start the review process, follow this link: good article instructions.)Nominated by This will create a dedicated subpage for the GA review. Save this page. (If you have already done this, and the template has not changed, try this talk page. See here for the Pallaviharsh (talk) at 06:05, 8 May 2019 (UTC)
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Kumkum Bhagya article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Soap Operas||(Rated C-class)|
|WikiProject India / Television||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
write the summary of 7 years later sectionEdit
can any one tell me if a main character in a serial dies where sholud i write it in recurring cast or former cast. And if a character left the series where should i write it. — Preceding unsigned comment added by MMY17 (talk • contribs) 14:01, August 13, 2018 (UTC)
- @MMY17: Hi there, do you see the giant notice at the top of the Former cast section that says that the Former cast section should be incorporated back into Main and Recurring? That's because there should be no Former cast section. The former cast is as important as the current cast, from an academic perspective. So the answer to your first question: If a main character dies and they are listed in the Main cast section, then you should indicate any relevant details in the Main cast section. (Although details like deaths are probably best indicated in the plot section.) If a cast member leaves the series, you could indicate that in the character description. Ex: "George Singh as Arjit, the wealthy owner of Singh Pharmaceuticals. Singh was fired from the series in 2017 after complaining about work conditions on set. He filed a wrongful termination lawsuit, which, as of August 2018, is still pending." Any such information would naturally have to be attributed to a reliable source. See Referencing for Beginners if you're not sure how to do that. Regards, Cyphoidbomb (talk) 14:51, 13 August 2018 (UTC)
Del GARV awardsEdit
In this edit I removed the GARV awards from the award list. There's no indication of how or why this award is noteworthy. Their web presence appears to be hosted on Weebly.com, which isn't exactly the most professional presentation. If you have a feeling about these awards, please feel free to respond below, but across the board, we prefer that awards we include are notable, and notability tends to be established best by a Wikipedia article having endured years of community scrutiny. Cyphoidbomb (talk) 05:23, 13 October 2018 (UTC)
@Cyphoidbomb:The table become's very long if write one week's data in one row, so I combined two weeks and wrote in one row. And the rankings are Nationwide rankings of all the Indian Programmes..I have removed all the ampersands...can u tell me what are substandard referenecs, which are to be removed.. Pallaviharsh (talk) 06:23, 11 April 2019 (UTC).
- @Pallaviharsh: The ability to spot quality and poor references is one of the most crucial editing skills. See WP:RS and WP:UGC. As a general rule, anything that has the shape of a blog should never be used. That would include anything hosted at blogspot. And technically Tellychakkar is not considered a reliable source, but since it is presumably just parroting the BARC information, I'd be inclined to look the other way. See WP:ICTF#Guidelines on sources for a general list of sites considered and not considered reliable. Cyphoidbomb (talk) 15:13, 11 April 2019 (UTC)
@Cyphoidbomb: So, should I remove all the telly chakkar referneces now. But there no other websites other than telly chakkar which provides 2014 - 2017 trp ratings. Pallaviharsh (talk) 16:04, 11 April 2019 (UTC)
- @Pallaviharsh: It's not ideal, but I would be disinclined to remove it since the BARC website doesn't make its data archive accessible. Cyphoidbomb (talk) 02:14, 12 April 2019 (UTC)
- @Pallaviharsh: I think it's still unclear what the ratings indicate. Are these millions of viewers? Market share? Percentage of population? That needs to be clarified. Also, the blogs need to be removed. When those are addressed, feel free to remove the template. Cyphoidbomb (talk) 16:00, 12 April 2019 (UTC)
@Cyphoidbomb: I had removed all the blogs except telly chakkar, because no other websites provides old(2014-2016) trp ratings.. I also changed ratings headings to make it clear..If u feel it is clear now remove the cleanup template.Pallaviharsh (talk) 10:07, 13 April 2019 (UTC)
- @Pallaviharsh: What is TVM? Any time we use an abbreviation, we have to define it first. See MOS:ACRO. Cyphoidbomb (talk) 14:06, 13 April 2019 (UTC)
In the plot section there are various sub-sections:
- Kumkum Bhagya: Bhagya Milayega Unhe Jo He Bilkul Alag
- Kumkum Bhagya: Kya Bhagya Layega Abhi Aur Pragya Ko Phir se Saath
- Kumkum Bhagya: Naya Adhyay
- Kumkum Bhagya: Doosri Peedhi
What are these? Seaason sub-titles? If so maybe there should be some introductory prose at the top of the plot section to describe this. Also, these should be translated into English. It looks as though Pallaviharsh was responsible for submitting these here. Cyphoidbomb (talk) 15:26, 8 May 2019 (UTC)
- @Cyphoidbomb:No, they are not seasons they just added a tag to the series title whenever they changed the story line. Balaji telefilms and zee 5 never mentioned anywhere that this series have seasons. Kumkum bhagya has only one seasonPallaviharsh (talk) 04:34, 9 May 2019 (UTC)
- @Pallaviharsh: So when you called them seasons, that was not accurate? That's fine, but the formatting, especially with the repetition of "Kumkum Bhagya" looks like we're talking about seasons. Anyway, the point of my post was to try to get someone to clarify why we're labeling the subsections that way. So maybe you can come up with a short way to explain why these titles exist, so that readers unfamiliar with the series will understand why we're subdividing the content, but also what the Hindi phrasing translates to in English? Cyphoidbomb (talk) 05:16, 9 May 2019 (UTC)