Talk:Carlton House desk

Latest comment: 18 years ago by AlainV in topic [Untitled]



Invariable called a "Carlton House writing table" see the Gloag reference. --Wetman 20:30, 2 May 2006 (UTC)Reply

Always? The three references I consulted (and which I put in the reference section) when I wrote that up are 200km East of here, in Montreal, unfortunately. I did note in the article that this form was also called a "Carlton House writing table". I just did sevral Google searches (general, exact term, and image) and the "Carlton House desk" outnumbers the ""Carlton House writing table" each time. Not that I consider these search results to be absolute arbiters. They are completely useless in fact for such terms as pedestal desk or secretary desk. There are other Web resources for naming these desks. Note that the Getty Thesaurus calls them "Carlton House desks" or "Carlton House tables" or "Carlton tables", but never "Carlton House writing table".

--AlainV 02:14, 3 May 2006 (UTC)Reply