- The following discussion is an archived discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was: no consensus. I understand that numbers favor the move, but the rationale for keeping the article where it is are much stronger than those for moving it (and, in some cases, people didn't cite any reason for moving); no evidence has been provided that this isn't the primary topic. -- tariqabjotu 16:15, 28 September 2013 (UTC)
Not sure whether somebody entering http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anila is looking for the Hindu deity or for an article about the name “Anila,” or for a list of people named “Anila”? – Bwrs (talk) 18:35, 14 September 2013 (UTC)
- Oppose the name is hardly common, and somebody looking for somebody with the name will probably use the full name. DeistCosmos (talk) 19:52, 14 September 2013 (UTC)
- Comment - The Anila stub was unsourced since 2009, I added a ref from Encyclopaedia of the Hindu World edited by Gaṅgā Rām Garg but that lists 12 different Anilas in Hinduism. In ictu oculi (talk) 00:38, 15 September 2013 (UTC)
- Support; there doesn't seem to be a primary topic here. Red Slash 19:42, 15 September 2013 (UTC)
- Actually, BDD is right, Anila (deity) would be much better. Red Slash 01:22, 17 September 2013 (UTC)
- Anila (deity) would be better, with a hatnote to Twelve Heavenly Generals for the Buddhist figure. --BDD (talk) 20:58, 16 September 2013 (UTC)
- Comment I think that'd be worse, since it's ambiguously disambiguated then. Anila (Buddhist diety) should be created as a redirect to the Buddhist article. -- 184.108.40.206 (talk) 05:18, 21 September 2013 (UTC)
- Support Anila (deity), to make it official. I'm not concerned about the Buddhist figure; a hatnote is the proper way to deal with that. This is the only article about a deity named Anila; PDAB is no longer the law of the land. --BDD (talk) 16:41, 24 September 2013 (UTC)
- Let's not disambiguate ambiguously. Instead, treat all usages the same unless there's sourcing showing the Hindu deity is the primary usage. Bwrs (talk) 22:31, 24 September 2013 (UTC)
- Support Anila (Hindu deity) is preferable to Anila (deity), which can be a redirect. older ≠ wiser 22:58, 24 September 2013 (UTC)
- Oppose. This article needs expansion and definition of what it covers, but I'm not convinced it's not the primary topic. The other articles are partial title matches and I'm don't see people searching for them just as "Anila". If there is a move, however, Anila (deity) would be better, barring a good place to direct that title, as there aren't any other articles on deities of that name. The Buddhist figure can be given a separate hat note to Twelve Heavenly Generals.--Cúchullain t/c 14:17, 27 September 2013 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.