Talk:Abdul Qadir (cricketer)
|A news item involving Abdul Qadir (cricketer) was featured on Wikipedia's Main Page in the In the news section on .|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
I'm pretty shocked to find an "Unknown-importance biography articles" in the category list below. What? A biography of Abdul Qadir, often suggested as world's ever greatest leg spinner, is being considered as of "unknown importance"? Please, someone get in touch with Shane Warne or Anil Kumble, or check with any cricket writer of any "importance". And, if that tag came as part of an automated process, I thnk, the process needs to be revisited. Anyone with a cricket mind out there? Please, say something. I know I'm not being to objective here, but that's part of the shock effect. Too bad, this "unknown importance" thing. What and indignity for one of the greatest sport magicians of all times. (Aditya Kabir 15:15, 17 August 2006 (UTC))
- You will be shocked even more if you see the categories under Talk:Shane Warne :-) The categorisation was started fairly recently. 'Unknown-importance' only means it is yet to be put into a particular category. The 'unknown' tag is added automatically by a bot in all articles while the proper categorisation has to wait till a human gets around to it. Tintin (talk) 15:27, 17 August 2006 (UTC)
OMG. You are so right. I really am shocked to find the greatness of Shane Warne coming under fire. Can't someone dig up an authoriative quote or something to back the statement on his greatness? Sometimes democracy and democratic policies can go a bit silly, I guess. (Aditya Kabir 10:00, 19 August 2006 (UTC))
Orphaned references in Abdul Qadir (cricketer)Edit
I check pages listed in Category:Pages with incorrect ref formatting to try to fix reference errors. One of the things I do is look for content for orphaned references in wikilinked articles. I have found content for some of Abdul Qadir (cricketer)'s orphans, the problem is that I found more than one version. I can't determine which (if any) is correct for this article, so I am asking for a sentient editor to look it over and copy the correct ref content into this article.
Reference named "Profile":
- From Javed Miandad: "Javed Miandad". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 12 August 2012.
- From List of international cricket five-wicket hauls by Malcolm Marshall: "Malcolm Marshall". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 25 August 2013.
- From List of international cricket five-wicket hauls by Abdul Qadir: "Abdul Qadir". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 9 December 2012.
- From List of international cricket five-wicket hauls by Kapil Dev: "Players – India – Kapil Dev". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 12 September 2011.
I apologize if any of the above are effectively identical; I am just a simple computer program, so I can't determine whether minor differences are significant or not. AnomieBOT⚡ 07:12, 19 October 2013 (UTC)
Career in ScotlandEdit
I recall that Abdul Qadir played a few seasons in Scotland, but I cannot recall all the details. I know he played for Stenhousemuir (just north west of Falkirk) in 1985 and I think he had a spell for Leith (in north east Edinburgh). For both of these spells, he was considered an all-rounder. Would this warrant inclusion into the article?
- The information can be added if available at reliable source! --Khadar Khani (talk) 22:44, 12 November 2014 (UTC)