Latest comment: 3 years ago by DannyS712 in topic Requested move 10 December 2019
Requested move 10 December 2019Edit
- The following is a closed discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review after discussing it on the closer's talk page. No further edits should be made to this discussion.
The result of the move request was: moved (closed by non-admin page mover) DannyS712 (talk) 00:34, 18 December 2019 (UTC)
– No clear PTOPIC here. Looking at articles on this dab page, Boeing 767 gets 2400 daily page views, the AD year 25, the area code 15, the number 4, while others barely register. Search results for "767" are all about the plane. Alternatively, I can see a case for redirecting 767 to the plane as a WP:PRIMARYREDIRECT. feminist (talk) 15:01, 10 December 2019 (UTC)
- Support per nom especially looking at the views of similar years they are probably inflated by around 2 or 3x and my searches to give the plane. As usual its safest to disambiguate unless a DABTEST is used for a wile which shows people are seeking the plane and by PT#2 its probably the year anyway so no primary. Crouch, Swale (talk) 15:43, 10 December 2019 (UTC)
- Pinging the 3-digit RM posse@Amakuru, Arthur Rubin, Bkonrad, Carn, Certes, Ceyockey, Colin M, CookieMonster755, Crouch, Swale, Dicklyon, GeoffreyT2000, Gonnym, Hansen Sebastian, JFG, JHunterJ, King of Hearts, KingSkyLord, Narky Blert, Netoholic, No Great Shaker, Paintspot, Power~enwiki, Randy Kryn, Red Slash, Rreagan007, Shhhnotsoloud, and Steel1943:. Crouch, Swale (talk) 15:43, 10 December 2019 (UTC)
- Support per above. The year is the default PTOPIC for these 3-digit numbers; it can be displaced as PTOPIC (as IMO it should be here) but not replaced, because of its long-term significance in the Western world. Narky Blert (talk) 15:46, 10 December 2019 (UTC)
- Weak support. 767 gets twice as many views as surrounding three-digit titles, despite the year being unremarkable. It seems reasonable to conclude that half the readers wanted a different topic and the year is at best a marginal PT. We don't know how many readers interested in the plane simply type "767". Certes (talk) 16:02, 10 December 2019 (UTC)
- ...Support per nom. Hmm, it still would seem there's no clear primary topic (the pageviews of the surrounding years make that pretty clear). We might want to move the disambiguation page to the basename, and Maybe we can consider a DABTEST later down the line. Paintspot Infez (talk) 17:36, 10 December 2019 (UTC)
- Support per nom. Randy Kryn (talk) 21:00, 10 December 2019 (UTC)
- Support per the usual 7x7 rationale. I have also set up a WP:DABTEST via the B767 redirect. — JFG talk 21:01, 10 December 2019 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.