|Éva Gauthier has been listed as one of the Music good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.|
|A fact from this article appeared on Wikipedia's Main Page in the "Did you know?" column on August 6, 2007.|
|Current status: Good article|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|A fact from this article was featured on Wikipedia's Main Page in the On this day section on September 20, 2018.|
Good article nomination on holdEdit
This article's Good Article promotion has been put on hold. During review, some issues were discovered that can be resolved without a major re-write. This is how the article, as of August 9, 2007, compares against the six good article criteria:
- 1. Well written?: Lead could do with some expansion - at least two paragraphs - WP:LEAD. I also don't like the large number of redlinks...some should stay, obviously, but some could be removed.
- 2. Factually accurate?: Good
- 3. Broad in coverage?: Critique? Critical comments? Controversy? You might want some sections of this sort.
- 4. Neutral point of view?: Fine.
- 5. Article stability? All good.
- 6. Images?: I get the feeling there are too many images being used, if you know what I mean.
Please address these matters soon and then leave a note here showing how they have been resolved. After 48 hours the article should be reviewed again. If these issues are not addressed within 7 days, the article may be failed without further notice. Thank you for your work so far. — Giggy Talk 06:59, 9 August 2007 (UTC)
- I have gone through the red links removing the unnecessary ones (item 1 above). -- Kleinzach 12:42, 9 August 2007 (UTC)
- I added a general overview of reviews and a few specific ones that I felt gave reasonable breadth to the subject. More can be added, there are even some in the existing refs - I just felt these were the best from those I could find to be "representative" - obviously not every review ever given should be discussed. WilyD 15:21, 9 August 2007 (UTC)
- IMO the illustrations are fine as they are - they work well with the text. -- Kleinzach 22:32, 9 August 2007 (UTC)
- What is the Campion Citation? It's mentioned prominently at the beginning but I don't understand what it is. Also I wonder if there should be a section on recordings. -- Kleinzach 22:38, 9 August 2007 (UTC)
- The Collections Canada page refers to it as a contemporary award she received in 1949 - I'm trying to dig up a little more about it, but so far I've found bumpkiss. Alright, the Encyclopaedia of Music in Canada says she received a citation from the Campion Society of San Francisco "for her contribution as an interpreter and teacher 'to the study, performance and teaching of the best in song literature in all its phases". I'm not sure who they are, but all her biographers mention it. WilyD 13:19, 10 August 2007 (UTC)
I have done a GA Reassessment, which can be found here. This is part of the GA Sweeps project. I found the article overall to maintain its good status. I feel the glaringly missing part of the article is information on her death. From a comprehensive stand point I think this should be added. But I won't delist it for that. I would like to see it added to the article. I will keep the article as GA. H1nkles (talk) 04:52, 1 June 2009 (UTC)