Talagi Airport (Russian: Аэропорт Талаги) (IATA: ARH, ICAO: ULAA) is an international airport serving Arkhangelsk, Russia, located 11 kilometers outside the city. In 2001 it had 105,797 passengers and 921 tonnes of cargo. The airport was founded on February 5, 1963. It had an operational peak in 1990 with 952,457 passengers.
|Owner||Federal Agency for State Property Management (51%)|
|Operator||JSC "Arkhangelsk Airport"|
|Elevation AMSL||62 ft / 19 m|
Talagi Airport was originally built in the summer of 1942 under the supervision of the State Defense Committee representative Ivan Papanin as a military base with a gravel runway.
The Soviet Air Defence Forces (PVO) had a presence at this airfield with 518th Fighter Aviation Regiment (518-й Берлинский ордена Суворова III степени истребительный авиационный полк (Military Unit Number 42192), 518 IAP) flying Tupolev Tu-128 from 1966 onward. It received MiG-31 aircraft during the 1980s. The controlling formation was the 23rd Air Defence Corps, then redesignated the 22nd Air Defence Corps in 1993, then 22nd AD Division from 1994, all under 10th Air Defence Army until 1994, and then 6th Air Defence Army. The regiment was disbanded in 1998.
Airlines and destinationsEdit
|2nd Arkhangelsk United Aviation Division||Kotlas, Petrozavodsk|
|Azur Air||Seasonal charter: Antalya, Enfidha|
|Nordavia|| Moscow–Domodedovo, Murmansk, Naryan-Mar, Saint Petersburg, Solovki|
Seasonal: Anapa, Kaliningrad, Simferopol, Sochi
|Nordwind Airlines||Seasonal charter: Bangkok–Suvarnabhumi, Nha Trang|
|Pegas Fly||Seasonal charter: Burgas, Djerba|
|Rossiya Airlines||Saint Petersburg|
operated by Iraero
- "Openinfo". mvpt.rosim.ru. Retrieved 5 February 2017.
- Овсянкин Е. И. Имена Архангельских улиц
- Mason, R. A. (1986). Aircraft, Strategy and Operations of the Soviet Air Force. Jane's Publishing Company Limited. ISBN 0-7106-0373-8.
- "Aviatsiya PVO". Aviabaza KPOI.
- "Продажа билетов сезон Лето 2013". Nordavia – Regional Airlines. Retrieved 15 March 2013.
- Liu, Jim (20 April 2017). "Nordavia expands Kaliningrad flights in S17". Routesonline. Retrieved 20 April 2017.
- Талавринов, Максим (16 April 2018). ""ЮТэйр" начала летать на самолетах Superjet 100". Авиатранспортное обозрение (in Russian). ATO.ru. Retrieved 17 April 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Talagi Airport.|
- Talagi Airport official site
- Article on the airport
- Airport information for ULAA at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for ULAA at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- Current weather for ULAA at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for ARH at Aviation Safety Network
|This Russian military article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|