Taj International Airport
The Taj International Airport is a proposed international airport to be constructed in Jewar (56 kilometres (35 mi) from Noida) in Gautam Budh Nagar district of Uttar Pradesh. It is well connected with cities Agra, Bulandshahr, Greater Noida, Aligarh and Palwal. The Jewar airport is 85 kilometres (53 mi) from Indira Gandhi International Airport at Delhi and 280 kilometres (170 mi) from Hisar Airport. In May 2017, the airport was granted approval by the union government cabinet as the second airport for the NCR. In July 2017, the Union Chief Secretary for Aviation warned Uttar Pradesh government to expedite the planning process as Hisar Airport was also pushing for its competing union cabinet approval for another airport for the NCR, thus prolonging the return on investment for both airports due to still-feasible-but-diluted viability for both.
|Taj International Airport|
|Location||Jewar, Uttar Pradesh|
|Focus city for||Delhi, NCR cities|
It was granted the approval as the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) in Delhi is nearing its full expansion capacity. It was designed to serve the people of Uttar Pradesh and eastern Haryana to export flowers and other agri-goods from the Taj Special Economic Zone to markets in the Middle East and Europe.
The techno-feasibility reportEdit
The Central government cleared the techno-feasibility report for setting up the Taj International Airport and Aviation Hub in April 2003, It was to be constructed and operated by the year 2007-08. The new international airport, about 72 km from Indira Gandhi International Airport at Delhi, would be built at an approximate cost of Rs 5000 crore (Rs 50 billion).
Originally the project supposed to come up at Jewar village near Greater Noida, near the Yamuna Expressway. This site was within 72 kilometres of Indira Gandhi International Airport(IGI), Delhi. Its operators, the GMR Group had protested against plans for another international airport within 150 kilometres of the existing Delhi airport, claiming that it would impact traffic and revenue generation. GMR has right of first refusal (RoFR) on new airport within 150 kilometres of the existing Delhi airport. The RoFR was to ensure that GMR gets preference in bidding for the Greater Noida airport in case its bid is within 10% of the highest bidder. Thus this site was cancelled. Now it is proposed at Hirangaon, near Tundla Tehsil of Firozabad district. as the previous location was in radius of 150 km. But in May 2017, the government announced that the airport will be built at Jewar village in Greater Noida with survey scheduled to take in May this year.
- In 2013 June, the Uttar Pradesh Government finalized on Kurikupa near Hirangaon, Tundla in Firozabad district as site for the proposed airport.
- In 2014 January, Defence Ministry raised some objects to the proposed site near Tundla.
- November 2014: As per Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, the state government allocated land near Etmadpur for the proposed airport. 
- June 2015: The civil aviation ministry cleared a proposal for a second international airport in Delhi-NCR that is likely to be built at Jewar in Greater Noida.
- In August 2016, the Uttar Pradesh Government approved the Taj International airport at Agra. The government had to acquire 55 acres of land for expansion of Agra Airforce station into Taj international Airport. Land acquisition works commenced on 24 September 2016.
- In May 2017, the government announced the previous site Jewar on which the airport was to be built.
- In June 2017, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath directed the officials to expedite appointment of a consultant for preparing the detailed project report (DPR). The Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority has already notified 3,000 hectares of land for a world-class international airport.
- Nov 2017: Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority (YEIDA) called pre-bid meeting for airport that is to come up at Jewar
- "UP govt revives Jewar airport project, survey to start today". Daily News Analysis. Retrieved 14 May 2017.
- Aviation secy tells UP to form Jewar airport SPV, Yamuna Authority’s hands full, money Control News, 10 July 2017.
- "New initiatives". Greater Noida Authority.
- "Jewar to take wing as ministry clears second NCR Airport". Times of India. Indiatimes.com. June 26, 2015.