Taiwan Water Corporation
The Taiwan Water Corporation (TWC; Chinese: 台灣自來水公司; pinyin: Táiwān Zìláishuǐ Gōngsī) is a state-owned water utility providing water supply to Taiwan and offshore islands. The company is headquartered in North District, Taichung.
|Founded||1 April 1973|
|Taiwan, Penghu, Kinmen, Lienchiang|
|Wei Ming-ku (Chairperson)|
Hu Nan-tzer (President)
|Parent||Ministry of Economic Affairs|
In 1972, President Chiang Ching-kuo instructed that a water corporation be set up to develop and unified public water supply system island-wide. Taiwan Water Corporation was inaugurated by the Taiwan Provincial Government in 1974.
Former chairman Hsu Hsiang-kun was arrested on bribery and corruption charges in September 2007, and indicted in August 2014. Hsu had contracted Kintech Technology Company to expand two water purification facilities in 2002. The project deadline was extended twice to November 2003 and March 2005. Hsu then accepted NT$5 million to grant Kintech a third extension to September 2007, by which time the project was completed.
- Department of Planning
- Department of Public Works
- Department of Water Supply
- Department of Business
- Department of Finance
- Department of Materials
- Department of Water Quality
- Department of Industrial Safety and Environment Protection
- Department of Information Management
- Department of General Affairs
- Department of Accounting
- Department of Human Resources
- Department of Civil Service Ethics
- Water Loss Management Center
- Bidding Center
- "About Us". Water.gov.tw. Retrieved 2014-04-21.
- "Taiwan Water chairman Hsu, four others arrested". Taipei Times. 8 Sep 2007. p. 2. Retrieved 2 Sep 2014.
- Chen, Sophia; Kao, Evelyn (1 September 2014). "Taiwan Water Corp. ex-chairman indicted on corruption charges". Central News Agency. Retrieved 2 September 2014.
- Chen, Ted (2 September 2014). "Taichung prosecutors indict ex-TWC chair for bribery". China Post. Retrieved 2 September 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Taiwan Water Corporation.|
|This article about a Taiwanese corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|