Tain Royal Academy
Tain Royal Academy is a secondary school in Highland, Scotland. The school first opened in 1813, with a new building opened in 1969 and an educational campus currently being built, due to open in 2018. Tain Royal Academy is part of the Golspie, Invergordon & Tain associated school group, consisting of Golspie High School, Invergordon Academy and Tain.
|Tain Royal Academy|
Acadamaidh Rìoghail Bhaile Dhubhthaich
|Motto||Trust, Respect, Ambition|
|PC Chair||Wendy Hennum|
|Age||12 to 18|
|Houses||Garrick, Morrich and Struy|
|Colour(s)||Green, Yellow and Red|
A £45 million campus with facilities catering for three to 18 year olds is to be located on the existing Tain Royal Academy site. In 2015, these plans were approved by Highland Council and then Scottish Government Ministers.
In 2017, a major investigation was launched by Police Scotland to combat both alcohol and drug misuse in Tain Royal Academy.
Notable former pupilsEdit
- "Tain Royal Academy". education.gov.scot. Education Scotland. Retrieved 12 January 2017.
- "Princess to visit historic school". BBC News. 7 September 2009.
- "Our History". www.tainroyalacademy.org.uk. Tain Royal Academy. Retrieved 12 January 2017.
- "Tain school campus given go ahead by Highland Council". BBC News. 12 March 2015.
- Mackenzie, Hector (5 May 2015). "Ambitious' opening target for Tain's new £45m super-school campus". Ross-shire Journal. Retrieved 12 January 2017.
- Biographical Index of Former Fellows of the Royal Society of Edinburgh 1783–2002 (PDF). The Royal Society of Edinburgh. July 2006. ISBN 0 902 198 84 X.