Thae Jong-su (태종수, born 20 March 1936) is a North Korean politician. He is a Vice Chairman of the Workers' Party of Korea (WPK) and the director of the Munitions Industry Department of the WPK. He is a full member of the 7th Central Committee of the WPK, a full member of the Politburo of the WPK. and a member of the State Affairs Commission of North Korea.
|Member of the North Korean Parliament|
|Vice Chairman of the Workers' Party of Korea|
|Director of the Munitions Industry Department of the WPK|
|Born||20 March 1936|
North Hamgyong Province
|Political party||Workers' Party of Korea|
|Revised Romanization||Tae Jongsu|
Thae became a member of the party's Central Military Commission in April 2019. The same month, he retained his membership in the Presidium of the SPA, which he had held during the previous SPA term.
Thae was born in North Hamgyong Province. He was educated at Mangyongdae Revolutionary School and Kim Il-sung University. His political career dates back to the late 1960s. He received his first important post in 1970 when he was appointed chief secretary of the North Pyongan WPK Provincial Committee. He has also served as a Vice Premier of North Korea. Thae is described as "a highly experienced manager and can be identified as being part of the cohort of technocrats who have come back to power under Kim Jong Un".
- "Thae Jong Su (T'ae Cho'ng-su)". North Korea Leadership Watch. 24 February 2018. Retrieved 23 January 2019.
- 태종수(남성). nkinfo.unikorea.go.kr (in Korean). Ministry of Unification. Retrieved 3 May 2019.
- "Official Report of Seventh Congress of the WPK". Naenara. Archived from the original on 24 September 2016. Retrieved 11 May 2016.
- "6th Session of the 13th SPA Held". North Korea Leadership Watch. 14 April 2018. Retrieved 23 January 2019.
- 중앙선거위 최고인민회의 제13기 대의원선거결과에 대하여 (in Korean). KCNA. 11 March 2014. Archived from the original on 25 March 2014.
- Jo Jung-hoon (12 March 2019). 북 김정은, 최고인민회의 대의원 처음 빠져: (추가) 북 언론, 687명 대의원 명단 발표...당 부위원장들 포함 (명단). Tongil News (in Korean). Retrieved 18 March 2019.
- "4th Plenum of the the(sic) WPK Central Committee Held". North Korea Leadership Watch. 11 April 2019. Retrieved 3 May 2019.
- "In full: promotions and demotions at North Korea's 14th SPA". NK PRO. Korea Risk Group. 12 April 2019. Retrieved 17 April 2019.
|This article about a North Korean politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|