Tacoma Police Department
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017)
The Tacoma Police Department (TPD) is the primary law enforcement agency for the city of Tacoma, Washington, United States. The TPD employs 334 sworn officers and 38 civilian employees. The Chief of Police is Mike Ake.
|Tacoma Police Department|
|Operations jurisdiction||Tacoma, Washington, United States|
Controversies and misconductEdit
- Tacoma Police Department Official Website
- [FBI UCR - Washington. (2017) Retrieved from https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2017/crime-in-the-u.s.-2017/tables/table-78/table-78-state-cuts/washington.xls]
- Tacoma Police Chief's Welcome
- Baker, Mike (June 5, 2020). "Before the Death of Manuel Ellis, a Witness Told the Police: 'Stop Hitting Him'". The New York Times. Retrieved January 25, 2020.
- "Pedestrian run over by Tacoma officer surrounded by crowd; incident caught on camera". KIRO. Retrieved January 24, 2021.
- Alta Spells. "Tacoma police officer drives through crowd, leaving at least one person injured, officials say". CNN. Retrieved January 24, 2021.
- "Tacoma officer drives police car through crowd, injuring at least 2 in Washington state". USA TODAY. Retrieved January 24, 2021.