Tachibana no Moroe
- 738 (Tenpyō 10, 1st month): Moroe was created Udaijin (Minister of the Right) in the Imperial court.
- 740 (Tenpyō 12): Moroe put down a revolt by Fujiwara no Hirotsugu.
- 742 (Tenpyō 14): The emperor sent Moroe to Ise to convey his appreciation to the kami.
- 743 (Tenpyō 15): Moroe was elevated to a rank almost equal to Sadaijin (Minister of the Left).
- 756 (Tenpyō-shōhō 8, 2nd month): Empress Kōken is informed that Sadaijin Moroe is contemplating revolt, but she refuses to credit the rumor; nevertheless, Moroe resigns.
- 757 (Tenpyō-hōji 1): Moroe dies at age 74; and his rank is posthumously raised by the empress.
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Tachibana no Moroe" Japan Encyclopedia, p. 921, p. 921, at Google Books.
- Titsingh, Isaac. (1834). Annales des empereurs du japon, p. 74., p. 74, at Google Books
- Nussbaum, "Tachibana no Naramaro" in Japan Encyclopedia, p. 921, p. 921, at Google Books.
- Titsingh, Isaac. (1834). Annales des empereurs du japon, p. 70., p. 70, at Google Books
- Titsingh, p. 71., p. 71, at Google Books
- Titsingh, pp. 74-75., p. 74, at Google Books
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric and Käthe Roth. (2005). Japan encyclopedia. Cambridge: Harvard University Press. ISBN 978-0-674-01753-5; OCLC 58053128
- Titsingh, Isaac. (1834). Annales des empereurs du Japon (Nihon Odai Ichiran). Paris: Royal Asiatic Society, Oriental Translation Fund of Great Britain and Ireland. OCLC 5850691