TV AlHijrah is a state-owned Malaysian free-to-air Islamic television channel, owned and operated by Al-Hijrah Media Corporation, a company under the purview of the Department of Islamic Development Malaysia of the Prime Minister's Department. It broadcasts from its headquarters in the Islamic Centre Complex, Kuala Lumpur. The station’s management team is headed by Namanzee Harris as Chief Executive Officer and supervised by the Board Of Directors.
|Broadcast area|| Malaysia|
Thailand (South Thailand)
Indonesia (Kalimantan) and (Riau Islands)
|Headquarters||Islamic Centre Complex, Jalan Perdana, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Picture format||1080i (16:9/HDTV)|
|Owner||Alhijrah Media Corporation|
|Launched||7 December 2010|
|Former names||Ansar Channel|
|myFreeview||Channel 114 (HD)|
|Unifi TV||Channel 114 (HD)|
Channel 183 (VOD)
TV AlHijrah began its operations on 1 November 2010 on a trial basis. It was a government initiative to establish a channel based on Islam and to provide an Islamic perspective through its programs.
The station was officially launched on the 1st Muharram 1432H (7 December 2010) in a ceremony by the sixth Prime Minister, Najib Tun Razak. The event took place at the TV AlHijrah Digital Broadcasting Centre, Islamic Centre Complex, Kuala Lumpur.
TV AlHijrah broadcasts 24 hours everyday, and is watched globally for Muslim content, the latest news, political commentaries, educational material and Islamic-related entertainment.
- "TV Al Hijrah to promote new medium in Islamic propagation". The Star (English)
- "TV AL HIJRAH ON ASTRO CHANNEL 114 STARTING JUNE 1". Yahoo! News Malaysia (English)
- "Malaysia launches new Islamic TV channel". Al Arabiya Net (English)
- https://www.mstar.com.my/lokal/semasa/2010/11/01/siaran-ujian-tval-hijrah-telah-bermula Siaran Percubaan TV AlHijrah
- "TV Al Hijrah to promote new medium in Islamic propagation - Nation | The Star Online". www.thestar.com.my. Retrieved 18 May 2019.