TVN (South Korean TV channel)
TVN (Total Variety Network; stylized as tvN) is a South Korean nationwide general entertainment network owned by CJ E&M, available on cable, SkyLife and IPTV platforms. Since 2014, the network is headed by Rhee Myung-han.
Logo used since 2012
|Launched||9 October 2006|
|Owned by||CJ E&M|
|Slogan||Content Trend Leader|
Endless Pleasures (즐거움엔 끝이 없다)
Where Fun Takes Off
Best Korean Entertainment (Since December 2018, this slogan has been used)
|Headquarters||CJ E&M Center,|
66 Sangamsan-ro, Sangam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea
|Formerly called||Channel M|
UXN (UHD, 4K)
|SkyLife||channel 20 (HD)|
|Available on |
South Korean cable systems
|Check local listings for details|
|B TV||Channel 17 (HD)|
|U+ TV||Channel 17 (HD)|
|Olleh TV||Channel 17 (HD)|
|TVING (South Korea)||Live C00551|
tvN dramas are exported to various countries in Asia and the Americas. tvN's highest-rated TV series are Reply 1988 and Guardian: The Lonely and Great God. Reply 1988 received both critical and audience acclaim with its finale episode recording an 18.8% nationwide audience share, making it the highest rated drama in Korean cable television history. In addition, Guardian: The Lonely and Great God was also a hit and consistently topped cable television viewership ratings in its time slot. Its final episode recorded an 18.680% nationwide audience share according to Nielsen paid platform, making the episode the second highest rated in Korean cable television history. It received critical acclaim and became a cultural phenomenon in South Korea.
Currently, tvN dramas hold 37 spots of the 60 on the list of highest-rated Korean dramas in cable television.
|Currently airing TV series|
|Airtime||Program||Original title||Start date|
|Wednesday and Thursday at 21:30 (KST)||When the Devil Calls Your Name||악마가 너의 이름을 부를 때||July 31, 2019|
|Saturday and Sunday at 21:00 (KST)||Hotel Del Luna||호텔 델루나||July 13, 2019|
|Currently airing entertainment shows|
|Airtime||Program||Original title||Start date||Notes|
|Monday at 23:00 (KST)||Problematic Men||문제적남자||February 26, 2015|
|Tuesday at 20:10 (KST)||Nest Escape 3||둥지탈출 3||April 17, 2018|
|Wednesday at 23:00 (KST)||You Quiz on the Block||유 퀴즈 온 더 블럭||August 29, 2018|
|Thursday at 23:00 (KST)||Life Bar||인생술집||December 8, 2016|
|Friday at 21:10 (KST)||The Dictionary of Useless Knowledge 3||알아두면 쓸데없는 신비한 잡학사전 3||September 21, 2018|
|Saturday at 18:10 (KST)||Prison Life of Fools||호구들의 감빵생활||March 16, 2019|
|Saturday at 19:40 (KST)||DoReMi Market||도레미 마켓||April 7, 2018|
|Saturday at 22:30 (KST)||Salty Tour||짠내투어||November 25, 2017|
|Sunday at 19:40 (KST)||Comedy Big League||코미디빅리그||September 17, 2011|||
|Sunday at 21:40 (KST)||The Great Escape Season 2||대탈출 2||March 17, 2019|
- Since January 2017, the official corporate slogan is Content Trend Leader, while the official marketing/advertising slogan is Endless Pleasures (즐거움엔 끝이 없다, Jeulgeoum-en kkeut-i eobsda).
- Park, Si-soo (9 May 2014). "tvN turns disadvantages into critical edge". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2014-05-11.
- "Cable Channels Woo Viewers Away from News". The Chosun Ilbo. 12 January 2007. Retrieved 2013-05-30.
- Kim, Tong-hyung (3 March 2010). "Cable TV Industry at a Crossroads". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2013-05-30.
- "CJ E&M makes 13.3 bil. won in TV drama exports". The Korea Times. 30 October 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-05.
- Sunwoo, Carla (31 October 2012). "CJ E&M sees its programs spread far and wide". Korea JoongAng Daily. Archived from the original on 5 November 2012. Retrieved 2013-05-30.
- "Reply 1988 Writes Cable Television History". Stoo Asaie.
- "January 16, 2016 Nationwide Cable Ratings". Nielsen Korea.
1st (tvN) 응답하라1988<본> 18.803%
- "January 21, 2017 Nationwide Cable Ratings" (in Korean). Nielsen Korea.
1st (tvN) 쓸쓸하고찬란하신도깨비<본> 18.680%
- "Goblin Rom-Com Sets New Milestone for Cable Soaps". The Chosun Ilbo. 23 January 2017.
- Ko, Dong-hwan (10 April 2016). "Comedy Big League no laughing matter". Korea Times. Retrieved 2016-07-20.
- Official website (in Korean)