TVN (South Korean TV channel)
TVN (Total Variety Network; stylized as tvN) is a South Korean nationwide general entertainment network owned by CJ ENM E&M Division, available on cable, SkyLife and IPTV platforms. Since 2014, the network is headed by Rhee Myung-han.
Logo used since 2012
|Launched||9 October 2006|
|Owned by||CJ ENM E&M Division|
|Slogan||Content Trend Leader|
Endless Pleasures (즐거움엔 끝이 없다)
Where Fun Takes Off
Best Korean Entertainment (Since December 2018, this slogan has been used)
|Headquarters||CJ E&M Center,|
66 Sangamsan-ro, Sangam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea
|Formerly called||Channel M|
CATCH ON 1
CATCH ON 2
UXN (UHD, 4K)
|SkyLife||channel 20 (HD)|
|Available on |
South Korean cable systems
|Check local listings for details|
|KT Olleh TV|
SK Broadband Btv
|Channel 3 (HD)|
|LG U+ TV||Channel 17 (HD)|
|TVING (South Korea)||Live C00551|
tvN dramas are exported to various countries in Asia and the Americas. tvN's highest-rated TV series are Crash Landing On You , Reply 1988 and Guardian: The Lonely and Great God. Crash Landing On You final episode recorded 21.683% nationwide audience share making it third highest rated drama in Korean cable Television history and also the 1st tvN drama to cross 20% ratings, also this drama received critical acclaim for its screenplay, direction and performances. Reply 1988 received both critical and audience acclaim with its finale episode recording an 18.8% nationwide audience share, making it the third highest rated drama in Korean cable television history. In addition, Guardian: The Lonely and Great God was also a hit and consistently topped cable television viewership ratings in its time slot. Its final episode recorded an 18.680% nationwide audience share according to Nielsen paid platform, making the episode the fourth highest rated in Korean cable television history. It received critical acclaim and became a cultural phenomenon in South Korea.
Currently, tvN dramas hold 33 spots of the 60 on the list of highest-rated Korean dramas in cable television.
|Currently airing TV series|
|Airtime||Program||Original title||Start date|
|Monday and Tuesday at 21:00 (KST)||My Unfamiliar Family||(아는 건 별로 없지만) 가족입니다||June 1, 2020|
|Wednesday and Thursday at 22:50 (KST)||Oh My Baby||오 마이 베이비||May 7, 2020|
|Thursday at 21:00 (KST)||Hospital Playlist||슬기로운 의사생활||March 12, 2020|
|Saturday and Sunday at 21:00 (KST)||It's Okay to Not Be Okay||사이코지만 괜찮아||June 20, 2020|
|Currently airing entertainment shows|
|Airtime||Program||Original title||Start date||Notes|
|Monday at 23:00 (KST)||More Salty Tour||더 짠내투어||June 17, 2019|
|Tuesday at 23:00 (KST)||You Quiz on the Block||유 퀴즈 온 더 블럭||August 29, 2018|
|Wednesday at 23:00 (KST)||Wednesday Music Playlist||수요일은 음악프로||October 2, 2019|
|Thursday at 20:10 (KST)||Problematic Men||문제적남자||February 26, 2015|
|Friday at 21:10 (KST)||Friday Joy Package||금요일 금요일 밤에||January 10, 2020|
|Saturday at 19:40 (KST)||DoReMi Market||도레미 마켓||April 7, 2018|
|Sunday at 19:40 (KST)||Comedy Big League||코미디빅리그||September 17, 2011|||
|Saturday at 22:40 (KST)||On & Off||온앤오프||May 2, 2020|
|Friday at 21:10 (KST)||Summer Vacation||여름방학||July 17, 2020|
- AFC (2021-2024)
- National teams
- 2022 FIFA World Cup qualification (from third round if Korea Republic qualified from second round)
- 2023 AFC Asian Cup (finals tournament only)
- 2022 AFC Women's Asian Cup
- AFC Junior/Youth Championships
- AFC Futsal Championships
- National teams
- UEFA (2009-2012)
|Sky 1||United Kingdom|
|tvN Asia||Hong Kong|
Vietnam (now closed)
- Since January 2017, the official corporate slogan is Content Trend Leader, while the official marketing/advertising slogan is Endless Pleasures (즐거움엔 끝이 없다, Jeulgeoum-en kkeut-i eobsda).
- Park, Si-soo (9 May 2014). "tvN turns disadvantages into critical edge". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2014-05-11.
- "Cable Channels Woo Viewers Away from News". The Chosun Ilbo. 12 January 2007. Retrieved 2013-05-30.
- Kim, Tong-hyung (3 March 2010). "Cable TV Industry at a Crossroads". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2013-05-30.
- "CJ E&M makes 13.3 bil. won in TV drama exports". The Korea Times. 30 October 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-05.
- Sunwoo, Carla (31 October 2012). "CJ E&M sees its programs spread far and wide". Korea JoongAng Daily. Archived from the original on 5 November 2012. Retrieved 2013-05-30.
- "January 16, 2016 Nationwide Cable Ratings". Nielsen Korea.
1st (tvN) 응답하라1988<본> 18.803%
- "January 21, 2017 Nationwide Cable Ratings" (in Korean). Nielsen Korea.
1st (tvN) 쓸쓸하고찬란하신도깨비<본> 18.680%
- "Goblin Rom-Com Sets New Milestone for Cable Soaps". The Chosun Ilbo. 23 January 2017.
- Ko, Dong-hwan (10 April 2016). "Comedy Big League no laughing matter". Korea Times. Retrieved 2016-07-20.
- "The AFC.com - The Asian Football Confederation". The AFC. Retrieved 2020-02-01.
- UEFA (2008-04-08). "Korea service for CJ Media | Inside UEFA". UEFA. Retrieved 2020-02-01.
- Official website (in Korean)