TVNZ Duke (formerly Duke) is a New Zealand television channel run by state broadcaster Television New Zealand. It screens programming targeted at a male audience. It was launched on 20 March 2016 to replace TVNZ's popup channel that was used to air Wimbledon. Initially advertised as a male-skewed channel, this branding was later dropped.
|Launched||20 March 2016|
|Owned by||Television New Zealand|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Headquarters||Auckland, New Zealand|
|Sister channel(s)||TVNZ 1|
|TVNZ||Watch live (NZ only)|
Its programming includes comedy, drama, documentaries, movies, music (under the Dukebox Music banner) and sport. It operates between the hours of 6pm and midnight, and occasionally screens live sport events outside these hours. The channel is available on Freeview channel 13 and channel 23 on Sky. Some programming is also available on TVNZ OnDemand.
TVNZ Duke started broadcasting in 1080i HD terrestrially on 11 January 2018; the online live stream of the channel had already been streaming up to 720p.
This section does not cite any sources. (February 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Formula E (Live and Weekly Highlights Shows)
Licensed from Sky Sport :
- AFL Aussie Rules Football (Live, Delayed and Highlights)
Licensed from Spark :
- Wimbledon Tennis Championships (Live, Highlights, Match of the Day)
- Heineken Champions Cup (Two matches per week in weekend morning)
- World Rally Championship (Live and Replays)
- "First look at Duke, TVNZ's channel for boys". New Zealand Herald. 2016-02-18. ISSN 1170-0777. Retrieved 2017-04-18.
- "TVNZ announces name of new channel". 1 News. 18 February 2016. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- "Duke: TVNZ announces men's channel name and it's a classic". Stuff.co.nz. 18 February 2016. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- "Duke to Go HD on Thursday | ScreenScribe". www.screenscribe.net. Retrieved 2018-01-09.
- "Spark Sport secures Wimbledon coverage in deal with TVNZ". Stuff. Retrieved 2020-01-25.
- Wednesday; October 2018, 10; NZ, 9:40 am Press Release: Spark. "Spark adds Heineken Champions Cup rugby to sports line-up | Scoop News". www.scoop.co.nz. Retrieved 2020-01-25.
- "FIH Pro League". Men's FIH Pro League. Retrieved 2019-02-17.
- "FIH Pro League". Women's FIH Pro League. Retrieved 2019-02-17.