TV9 is an Indian satellite television news network that provides 24-hour news coverage in Telugu language. TV9 was started in 2004 and is owned by Associated Broadcasting Company Private Limited (ABCL) which has seven television stations in different languages in India later ABCL sold its stake about 90% to Alanda Media & Entertainments Private Limited.it was one of the most TRP won New Channel in 2014,2015,2017
|Owned by||Associated Broadcasting Company Private Limited|
|Headquarters||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
Jai Telangana TV
|Dish TV||Channel 850|
|Independent TV||Channel 926|
|Tata Sky||Channel 529|
|Airtel digital TV||Channel 905|
|Sun Direct||channel 176|
|DD Free Dish||???|
|Siti Networks||channel 52|
TV9 is owned by ABCL, a private media group of journalists and the channel is broadcast from ABCL's head office in Hyderabad. ABCL is involved with film entertainment, cable network programming, internet services, operating direct broadcast satellite television and providing content for television in India, the US and Africa. In the US it is associated with Dish Network. In Africa it available on the Simba Television network.
In 2004, TV9 ran a series of programs about residents in Nalgonda and Mahbubnagar districts, who are suffering from fluorosis because of high fluoride in their groundwater. TV9 raised funds for the operations of children with congenital heart disease through their "Saving Little Hearts campaign", a mass awareness program.
In 2011, TV9 management installed a huge eco-friendly clay Ganesha idol at Hyderabad to raise environmental awareness among the public.
In 2014, TV9 along with ABN Andhra Jyothi were temporarily taken off air in Telangana by multiple system operators citing telecast of derogatory programmes, making sarcastic comments on Telangana legislators. The ban came to effect after Speaker of Assembly passed resolution in assembly to initiate action for objectionable matter. Kalvakuntla Chandrashekhar Rao applauded the move saying that the two channels have no right to air programmes that seem to insult culture of Telangana. TV9 ban lasted for 144 days.
- The Airtel INB award was presented to TV9 CEO Ravi Prakash in 2009.
- TV9 CEO Ravi Prakash received Malaysian Legendary Award from Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak in 2010.
- TV9 Output Editor Chandramouli received Delhi Telugu Academy Ugadi Puraskar from the then Union Minister Kapil Sibal.
- Tata Docomo Media Award was presented to TV9's CEO Ravi Prakash by the then Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Sri. Konijeti Rosaiah in 2010.[better source needed]
- "'Simba TV'".
- "'Simba Television Network'".
- "I dream to see TV9 as the news headquarters of India". The Sunday Indian. 1 August 2011. Retrieved 21 March 2012.
- "'Green Ganesh' campaign by TV9". The Hindu. 1 September 2011. Retrieved 21 March 2012.
- "TV9 programmes stopped in Telangana". The Hindu. Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- "Hathway resumes TV9 telecast". Deccanchronicle.com. Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- "Ban on TV9 lifted partially - Business Line". Thehindubusinessline.com. 5 November 2014. Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- Andhra Pradesh. "TV9 CEO bags INB award - ANDHRA PRADESH". The Hindu. Retrieved 11 June 2018.