Logo as of 2016
|Headquarters||Shenzhen, Guangdong, China|
|Jeffrey Chao (Chairman)|
|Products||Ethernet hubs, Routers, DSL/Cable Gateways, Switches, Wireless Access Points, Storage and security IP cameras|
|Revenue||￥12.9 Billion (2013)[not in citation given]|
Number of employees
|21,849 (Dec 2013)|
TP-Link was founded in 1996 by two brothers, Zhào Jiànjūn (赵建军) and Zhào Jiāxīng (赵佳兴), with a network card they had developed. The company name was based on the concept of "twisted pair link", a kind of electromagnetic cabling, hence the "TP" in the company name.
TP-Link began its first international expansion in 2005. In 2007, the company moved into its new 100,000 square meters headquarters and facilities at Shenzhen's Hi-Tech Industry Park. TP-LINK USA was established in 2008.
In September 2016, TP-Link unveiled a new logo and slogan, "Reliably Smart"; the new logo is meant to portray the company as being a "lifestyle"-oriented brand as it expands into smart home products.
TP-Link products include wireless routers, mobile phones, ADSL, range extenders, routers, switches, IP cameras, powerline adapters, print servers, media converters, wireless adapters and power banks. TP-Link also manufactured the OnHub router for Google. In 2016 the company launched the new brand Neffos for smart phones. TP-Link manufactures smart home devices under their Kasa product line.
TP-Link sells through multiple sales channels globally, including traditional retailers, online retailers, wholesale distributors, direct market resellers ("DMRs"), value-added resellers ("VARs") and broadband service providers. Its main competition includes companies such as Netgear, Buffalo, Belkin, Linksys, D-Link and Asus.
TP-Link is one of the few major wireless networking companies to manufacture its products in-house as opposed to outsourcing to original design manufacturers (ODMs). The company says this control over components and the supply chain is a key competitive differentiator.
- "About TP-LINK - Welcome to TP-LINK". Tp-link.com. Archived from the original on 2011-11-23. Retrieved 2014-03-07.
- "Network-gear firm TP-Link thinks big in US market|Across Americas|chinadaily.com.cn". Usa.chinadaily.com.cn. 2013-04-05. Retrieved 2014-03-07.
- Richard Xu (2013-09-15). "Richard Xu, Vice President - TP-Link". Businessinterviews.com. Retrieved 2014-03-07.
- "TP-Link Transforms From Purveyor of Fine Tools to Smart Life Enabler". CNET. Retrieved 28 September 2016.
- "Introducing The New TP-Link®-TP-Link Unveils Completely New Look and Brand Identity". TP-Link. Retrieved 28 September 2016.
- "NEFFOS PHONES". Gadgets 360.
- "Smart Home | TP-Link". www.tp-link.com. Retrieved 2017-09-16.
- "TP-LINK Targets Aggressive U.S. Expansion, VARs Included". CRN. Archived from the original on 5 January 2012. Retrieved 2014-03-07.