TMI Group of Companies
The TMI Group of Companies is a multi-national organization that manufactures and markets physical property testing instruments for the packaging, paper, pulp, plastic film, foil, ink, coatings, nonwoven, textile, adhesives, and corrugated industries.
|Headquarters||New Castle, DE, USA|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Testing Machines, Inc., Büchel BV,|
Fibro System AB, Lako Seal Testers, TMI Canada, TMI Shanghai Ltd.
The TMI Group of Companies consists of Testing Machines Inc. (Delaware, USA), Büchel BV (Netherlands), Fibro System AB (Sweden), Lako Seal Testers (Delaware, USA), TMI Canada, and TMI Shanghai Ltd. (China).
TMI was founded in 1931 in New York, primarily as a distributor of laboratory testing instruments. Since then, it has expanded to not only distribute, but also design and manufacture instruments. Since 2009, The TMI Group has made five global acquisitions. In 2010, the headquarters relocated from Ronkonkoma, NY, to the current green-energy facility in New Castle, DE.
The TMI Group's corporate headquarters are located in New Castle, Delaware, in a 20,000 square foot green-energy building. The facility is equipped with 160 solar panels, geo-thermal heating and cooling, and LED lighting.
In 2011, TMI was presented the Delaware Small Business Administration’s Family Owned Business of the Year award.
On March 14, 2014, TMI was acquired by Union Park Capital, a Boston-based private equity firm.
- "80 year old company relocates headquarters to Delaware". WHYY News.
- "More jobs come to Delaware". WDEL news.
- "TMI Group of Companies Celebrates 80 Years of Providing Testing Instruments". TMI Group. Archived from the original on 2013-08-11.
- "Testing Machines Inc. Chooses New Castle, Delaware for Manufacturing and HQ". Area Development Online.
- "Governor Jack Markell's Update". Official Governor's Blog, State of Delaware.
- "Delaware's small businesses get big honors". The News Journal. Archived from the original on 2013-12-02.