TC 2000 Championship
|Drivers' champion|| Néstor Girolami (Súper TC)|
Gianfranco Collino (TC 2000)
|Teams' champion||Equipo Fiat Petronas (Súper TC)|
RAM Racing Team Paladini (TC 2000)
|Makes' champion|| Peugeot (Súper TC)|
Ford (TC 2000)
|Official website||Súper TC 2000 Official|
TC 2000 Official
Prior to 2012, engines of up to 2000 cc were allowed, with only limited modifications from standard engines. This was both to reduce running costs, and give a level playing field to every team. Variable valve timing, variable intake geometry, anti-lock braking systems and traction control are all forbidden.
From the 2012 season, Radical Performance Engines will provide 2.7 litre RPE TCX V8 engines (a front-wheel-drive variant of the RPX, originally found in the Radical SR8), capable of producing 430 hp, in place of the previous 2 litre engines. The series was renamed to Super TC2000. Meanwhile, cars with the old regulation continue competing with the name TC 2000, currently with an independent calendar.
TC 2000 teamsEdit
- Equipo Oficial Chevrolet - Chevrolet Cruze
- Honda Petronas - Honda Civic Si
- Toyota Team Argentina - Toyota Corolla
- Renault LoJack Team - Renault Fluence
- Peugeot Team Cobra - Peugeot 408
- "TC2000: 31 cars entered for first race of the year". TouringCarTimes. Archived from the original on 2010-03-27. Retrieved 2011-04-02.
- re. "italiaspeed.com". italiaspeed.com. Retrieved 2011-04-02.