Télémagino is a Canadian discretionary service owned by DHX Media. Launched on 5 July 2010 as a sister to an equivalent English-language service, it airs programming aimed at preschool-aged children. The channel previously operated under Disney–ABC Television Group's preschool television brands, including Playhouse Disney and Disney Junior, but was rebranded on 18 September 2015 following the acquisition of Canadian rights to Disney's children's brands and programming by Corus Entertainment.
|Launched||5 July 2010|
|Owned by||DHX Media|
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
(downscaled to letterboxed 480i for the SDTV feed)
|Formerly called||Playhouse Disney Télé (2010–11)|
Disney Junior (2011–15)
|Sister channel(s)||Family Jr.|
|Bell TV||Channel 189 (SD)|
|Shaw Direct||Channel 230 (SD)|
Channel 396 (HD)
|CCAP||Channel 46 (SD)|
|Cablevision du Nord||Channel 373 (SD)|
Channel 455 (HD)
|Cogeco Quebec||Channel 89 <(SD)|
|Vidéotron||Channel 46 (SD)|
Channel 646 (HD)
|Bell Fibe TV||Channel 151 (SD)|
Channel 1151 (HD)
|MTS||Channel 441 (SD)|
|Telus Quebec||Channel 25 (SD)|
Channel 108 (SD)
As Playhouse Disney Télé and Disney JuniorEdit
The channel was licensed in 2006 as Vrak Junior, a sister channel to Astral's Vrak TV, though, aimed at younger viewers than Vrak. It was launched on 5 July 2010 as Playhouse Disney Télé, the last Playhouse Disney channel to launch in the world before the worldwide switch to Disney Junior. Three years prior, an English language version (then known as Playhouse Disney) was launched on 30 November 2007 as a multiplex channel of Family. The network took on the new Disney Junior brand in 2011.
On 4 March 2013, following the Competition Bureau's approval of Bell Media's takeover of Astral, it was announced that Family Channel and its sister networks (including the Disney Junior services, Disney XD, MusiquePlus, and Animax) would be divested in an attempt to relieve CRTC concerns regarding the takeover. On 28 November 2013, DHX Media announced it would acquire the four channels for $170 million pending CRTC approval. On 24 July 2014, the CRTC approved DHX's purchase of the networks, and the deal was closed on 31 July 2014.
On 16 April 2015, it was announced that Corus Entertainment had acquired Canadian rights to Disney Channel's program library and would launch a Canadian version of Disney Channel that September, and that its sibling brands of Disney Junior and XD would be re-launched at a later date. In anticipation for this transition, DHX concurrently announced that its Disney-branded networks would be re-branded as spin-offs of Family Channel. The re-branding of Disney Junior's French feed was tentatively announced as Famille Junior, but was later changed to Télémagino. The new name was officially introduced on 18 September 2015, alongside the re-branding of its English-language counterpart as Family Jr..
- The Adventures of Puss in Boots (Les Aventures du Chat Potté) (12 June 2017 – present)
- All Hail King Julien (Roi Julian! L'élu des lemurs) (17 April 2017 – present)
- Bananas in Pyjamas
- Bob the Builder (Bob le bricoleur) (4 September 2017 – present)
- Caillou (5 February 2018 – present)
- Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood (Le village de Dany) (6 November 2017 – present)
- Dinotrux (11 September 2017 – present)
- Dragons: Race to the Edge (Dragons: Par-delà les rives) (10 July 2017 – present)
- Franny's Feet (Franny et les chaussures magiques)
- Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh (En route: Les aventures de Tif et Oh) (30 July 2018 - present)
- In the Night Garden...
- Inspector Gadget (Inspecteur Gadget) (5 February 2018 – present) (Also on Télétoon)
- Johnny Test (26 February 2018 – present)
- Justin Time (Justin Rêve) (Fall 2011 – present)
- Kate & Mim-Mim (Kate et Mim-Mim) (9 January 2017 – present)
- Kody Kapow (19 May 2018 – present)
- Little People (4 September 2017 – present)
- Messy Goes to Okido (Messy et le monde d'Okido)
- The Mighty Jungle (La jungle magique) (9 January 2016 - present)
- The Mr. Peabody & Sherman Show (3 November 2018 - present)
- Nature Cat (Félibert, le chaventurier) (1 July 2016 – present)
- Playdate (Viens jouer!)
- Poko (9 January 2016 - present)
- Rainbow Ruby (9 April 2018 – present)
- The Save-Ums (Les Sauve-tout) (Mid 2015–present)
- Space Ranger Roger (Roger, le heros sideral) (January 2017 – present)
- Strawberry Shortcake's Berry Bitty Adventures (Fraisinette) (Early 2012–present)
- Topsy and Tim (Topsy et Tim)
- Trollhunters: Tales of Arcadia (Chasseurs de Trolls: Les Contes d’Arcadia) (7 July 2018 – present)
- Turbo FAST (3 March 2018 – present)
- Yo Gabba Gabba!
- Yup Yups
- Lucky Duck
- Barbie: Dreamtopia
- 101 Dalmatians: The Series (Les 101 dalmatiens)
- Bear in the Big Blue House (Tibère et la Maison bleue) (5 July 2010 – 31 December 2015)
- Bo on the Go! (1 2 3 Bo !) (September 2015 - 25 June 2018)
- Doc McStuffins (Docteur la peluche) (8 April 2012 – 31 August 2015)
- The Doodlebops (Les Doodlebops) (5 July 2010 – 31 August 2016)
- DuckTales (La Bande à Picsou)
- Elliot Moose (Elliot) (6 May 2011 - 2013)
- Harry and His Bucket Full of Dinosaurs (Harry et ses dinosaures)
- Higglytown Heroes (Les Héros d'Higglyville) (5 July 2010 – September 2013)
- Jake and the Never Land Pirates (Jake et les Pirates du Pays Imaginaire) (6 May 2011 – 29 November 2015)
- Johnny and the Sprites (Johnny et Les Sprites)
- Jungle Junction (En route pour la jungle)
- Little Einsteins (Les Petits Einstein)
- Maggie and the Ferocious Beast (Marguerite et la bête féroce) (5 July 2010 – 31 December 2012)
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (La Maison de Mickey)
- Naughty Naughty Pets (Mes bestioles chéries) (1 July 2016 – 3 September 2017)
- PB&J Otter (5 July 2010 – June 2013)
- Sofia the First (Princesse Sofia) (2013 – 2015)
- Stanley (6 May 2011 - 2013)
- Stella and Sam (Stella et Sacha) (2010 – 30 September 2016)
- The Secret World of Benjamin Bear (L'ours Benjamin)
- Thomas & Friends (Thomas et ses amis) (2015 - 26 August 2018)
- Tickety Toc (2013 - 24 June 2018)
- "Family Channel | Family Channel, Disney Junior, and Disney XD Available on Free Preview in March". Newswire.ca. 1 March 2013. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2006-98, CRTC, 2006-03-27
- Astral launches French-language Playhouse Disney Channel with Bell TV, CNW, 31 May 2010
- BCE takeover of Astral OK’d by Competition Bureau Archived 2013-04-11 at Archive.today, The Montreal Gazette (via The Canadian Press), 4 March 2013.
- "DHX Media to buy Family, other children's channels". Toronto Star. 28 November 2013. Retrieved 29 November 2013.
- "DHX to acquire Family Channel, three others from Bell Media". The Globe and Mail. Toronto. 28 November 2013. Retrieved 29 November 2013.
- "DHX Media receives CRTC approval on $170M acquisition of Family Channel and three other children's channels". DHX Media. 24 July 2014. Archived from the original on 2 April 2015. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- Vessing, Etan (24 July 2014). "DHX Media approved for Family Channel takeover". Kidscreen. Brunico Communications. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- "DHX Media closes Family Channel acquisition and announces management changes". Canada Newswire. 31 July 2014. Retrieved 31 July 2014.
- "DHX-Disney Divorce Almost Done". Cartt.ca. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Corus gains Canadian rights to Disney Channel content". The Globe and Mail. Canadian Press. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "DHX TELEVISION'S REBRANDED FAMILY JR. AND TÉLÉMAGINO NETWORKS REVEALED TODAY" (Press release). DHX Media. Retrieved 18 September 2015.
- Whyte, Alexandra (25 August 2017). "Telemagino adds trio of preschool series". Kidscreen. Retrieved 5 June 2019.
- Official website (in French)