History and designEdit
The motor design is a hermetically sealed simple co-axial gearless synchronous motor (a permanent magnet, three phase drive, passively cooled design); the motors can also be used for electrical dynamic braking, and also as an active electric brake. The wheelset bearings are mounted inboard and support both motor, axles and wheel. A traction link from motor to the vehicle frame transmits tractive forces.
The bogie frame has a single central cross member which supports via pivots two longitudinal beams (in a 'weighing scale' arrangement) connected to the wheelset via the primary suspension. The cross member supports the vehicle body via the secondary suspension of two outboard air springs.
In mid-2006 prototype motors rated 110 kW, with claimed 96% efficiency, were fitted to an ex-Munich U-Bahn vehicle for testing at the Wegberg-Wildenrath test circuit. In 2008 a train fitted with two Syntegra bogies began in service tests on the Munich U-Bahn.
- Hondius, Harry (1 November 2006), "Syntegra revives the gearless drive", www.railwaygazette.com, Railway Gazette International
- "Syntegra gearless bogie enters service". www.railwaygazette.com. Railway Gazette International. 13 August 2008. Archived from the original on 16 June 2011. Retrieved 20 August 2008.
- "Syntegra : The complete integration of traction, bogie and braking technology" (PDF), www.mobility.siemens.com, Siemens, archived from the original (PDF) on 6 October 2011
- "Gearless motor", www.railwaygazette.com, Railway Gazette International, 1 August 2006
- Siemens’ Syntegra bogie premiers at the Munich Metro, Siemens, 18 August 2008
- Joeckel, A.; Lowenstein, L.; Teichmann, M. (2006), "Syntegra – Innovatives Triebfahrwerk mit Direktantrieben", Glasers Annalen (in German), ZEVrail, 130 (9): 368–379, ISSN 1618-8330
- Germishuizen, J.; Jockel, A.; Hoffmann, T.; Teichmann, M.; Lowenstein, L.; v.Wangelin, F. (2006). "SyntegraTM - next generation traction drive system, total integration of traction, bogie and braking technology". International Symposium on Power Electronics, Electrical Drives, Automation and Motion, 2006. SPEEDAM 2006. p. 1073. doi:10.1109/SPEEDAM.2006.1649927. ISBN 1-4244-0193-3.
- Lowenstein, L.; Joeckel, A.; Hoffmann, T.; Körner, O.; Teichmann, M.; v.Wangelin, F., "Syntegra – The intelligent Integration of Traction, Bogie and Braking Technology" (PDF), www.uic.org, Siemens
- "Syntegra - The complete integration of traction, bogie and braking technology", transportation.siemens.com, Siemens, archived from the original on 29 September 2008
|This rail-transport related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|