Sylhet City Corporation
সিলেট সিটি কর্পোরেশন
|Formation||July 31, 2001|
|Headquarters||Sylhet Nagar Bhaban|
|Ariful Haque Choudhury|
SCC government is elected by popular vote every 5 years.
The Sylhet City Corporation is responsible for administering and providing basic infrastructure to the city.
- Water purification and supply
- Sewage treatment and disposal
- Garbage disposal and street cleanliness
- Solid waste management
- Building and maintenance of roads and streets.
- Street lighting
- Maintenance of parks and open spaces
- Cemeteries and Crematoriums
- Registering of births and deaths
- Conservation of heritage sites
- Disease control, including immunization
- Public municipal schools etc.
Mayor of SylhetEdit
|#||Mayor||Term start||Term end|
|1||Badar Uddin Ahmed Kamran||2003||2013||Bangladesh Awami League|
|2||Ariful Haque Choudhury||2013||"Incumbent"||Bangladesh Nationalist Party|
- Election Result 2018
|BNP||Ariful Haque Choudhury||92,588||54.15|
|Awami League||Badar Uddin Ahmed Kamran||86,392||47.32|
- Election Result 2013
|BNP||Ariful Haque Choudhury||107,330|
|Awami League||Badar Uddin Ahmed Kamran||72,173|
|BNP gain from Awami League|