SwissTech Convention Center
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for geographic features. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|SwissTech Convention Center|
|Address||Route Louis-Favre 2|
|Town or city||1024 Ecublens|
|Inaugurated||3 April 2014|
|Top floor||Auditorium A, B & C|
|Floor area||10'000 m2|
|Design and construction|
|Architecture firm||Richter Dahl Rocha & Associés|
|Awards and prizes||2016 Winner of the Best Swiss Convention Center - Swiss MICE|
|Seating capacity||From 300 to 3,000|
|Number of rooms||18|
The building was designed by the architectural firm Richter Dahl Rocha & Associés of Lausanne. It was financed by two Credit Suisse real estate funds for 120 millions of Swiss francs. The Credit Suisse owns the building, while the EPFL pays an annual rent of 6 millions of Swiss francs. This public-private partnership was criticised by the Swiss Federal Audit Office as "the conditions are unfavourable to the EPFL and favourable to the investor".
Financial support from the Swiss electricity supply company Romande énergie allowed the west facade of the building to be covered with panels made of organic dye-sensitized solar cell, also called "Grätzel cells" after Michael Grätzel, a physical chemistry professor at the EPFL and the inventor of this technology.
- 13 November 2015: The Moon Race
- European Space Agency - EUCLID
- Sport Accord Convention 2016
- Applied Machine Learning Days 2017
- 11 July 2017: meeting of the International Olympic Committee about the 2024 Summer Olympics, with delegations including Emmanuel Macron
- 24 January 2018: draw for the 2018-19 UEFA Nations League
- June 2019: The 134th IOC Session
- ‹See Tfd›(in French) "L’EPFL recadrée par le Contrôle fédéral des finances", Radio télévision suisse, 27-29 April 2015 (page visited on 11 July 2017).
- ‹See Tfd›(in French) Nicolas Dufour, "Le Contrôle fédéral des finances accable l’EPFL pour ses bâtiments spectaculaires", Le Temps, 30 August 2016 (page visited on 11 July 2017).
- "The SwissTech Convention Center, a lab for conferences of the future", press release, 3 April 2014 (page visited on 3 October 2014).
- "Olympics: IOC prepares to award next two Games to Paris and Los Angeles", The Guardian, 11 July 2017 (page visited on 11 July 2017).