Swimming at the 2020 Summer Olympics – Women's 4 × 100 metre freestyle relay
The women's 4 × 100 metre freestyle relay event at the 2020 Summer Olympics will be held in 2021 at the Tokyo Aquatics Centre. It will be the event's twenty-fifth appearance of the event, having been held at every edition since 1912.
|Women's 4 × 100 metre freestyle relay|
at the Games of the XXXII Olympiad
|Venue||Tokyo Aquatics Centre|
Prior to this competition, the existing world and Olympic records were as follows.
|World record||3:30.05||Gold Coast, Australia||5 April 2018|||
|Olympic record||3:30.65||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil||6 August 2016|||
The top 12 teams in this event at the 2019 World Aquatics Championships qualified for the Olympics. An additional 4 teams will qualify through having the fastest times at approved qualifying events during the qualifying period (1 March 2019 to 30 May 2020).
The competition consists of two rounds: heats and a final. The relay teams with the best 8 times in the heats advance to the final. Swim-offs are used as necessary to break ties for advancement to the next round.
The relay teams with the top 8 times, regardless of heat, advance to the final.
|Australia||To be selected|
|Brazil||To be selected|
|Canada||To be selected|
|China||To be selected|
|Czech Republic||To be selected|
|Denmark||To be selected|
|France||To be selected|
|Germany||To be selected|
|Great Britain||To be selected|
|Hong Kong||To be selected|
|Japan||To be selected|
|Netherlands||To be selected|
|Poland||To be selected|
|ROC||To be selected|
|Sweden||To be selected|
|United States||To be selected|
- "Tokyo 2020: Swimming Schedule". Tokyo 2020. Retrieved 30 January 2020.
- Pentony, Luke (6 April 2018). "Commonwealth Games: Australia sets new world record in 4x100 metres freestyle relay". ABC News Australia. Retrieved 1 February 2020.
- Barrett, Chris (7 August 2016). "Rio Olympics 2016: Australia's women win gold in world record time in 4x100m freestyle relay". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 28 August 2016.
- "Cate, Bronte Campbell lead Australian women to 4x100m gold at Rio". ABC News Australia. 7 August 2016. Retrieved 28 August 2016.
- "Tokyo 2020 – FINA Swimming Qualification System" (PDF). Tokyo 2020. FINA. Retrieved 30 January 2020.
- "FINA Swimming Rulebook, 2017–21" (PDF). FINA. Retrieved 30 January 2020.