Swift-Xi Inc. (スウィフト・エックスアイ株式会社) is a Japanese joint venture between Swift Engineering Inc. and the Kobe Institute of Computing, located in the city of Kobe, Hyogo Prefecture. It provides data, logistics, and operations of autonomous and robotic technologies in Japan and around the world. The Chairman & CEO of the company is Hiro Matsushita, a former driver in the Champ car series and the grandson of Konosuke Matsushita, the founder of Panasonic.
Swift Xi Office, Kobe
|Private, Joint ventures|
|Founded||April 13, 2018|
|Headquarters||Kobe, Hyogo, Japan Coordinates:|
In 2018, an American engineering firm called Swift Engineering Inc. joint ventured with Kobe Institute of Computing to expand Swift's over 35 years of innovative designs, engineering and build heritage in intelligent systems, including autonomous systems, helicopters, submarines, spacecraft, and robotics into Japan market and other countries.
Swift Engineering is an American engineering innovation company based in San Clemente, California that specializes in solving complex problems for sophisticated clients. A leading designer, developer, and manufacturer of unmanned systems, helicopters, spacecraft, submarines, robotics, and advanced composites for military and commercial applications firm, most notable for producing racing cars for a variety of open-wheel racing series, including Formula Ford, Formula Atlantic, the Champ Car World Series and Formula Nippon. Swift has been globally recognized for creating high impact solutions. The team's passion and talents for fueling the next generation of intelligent systems and advanced vehicles have made Swift a dominant force across numerous industries. From 1997 Swift diversified into aerospace/aviation markets and providing products, technologies, and fully integrated product solutions from concept to production clients like Northrop Grumman, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Nasa, Space X, Sikorsky, and many others. First article inspections are performed per AS9102, with First article inspection(FAI) reports also provided, when required.
Kobe Institute of ComputingEdit
Kobe Institute of Computing (KIC), Graduate School of Information Technology is a private university located in Sannomiya, the center of the beautiful city of Kobe. KIC introduces a program to produce 'work-ready' professional IT personnel who, regardless of their previous field of education or previous work experience, will be prepared for professional roles in the IT industry. The program curriculum is progressively structured in a way that proceeds from foundations to application & practice. KIC has been awarded JICA President Award 2019 to commend the individuals and organizations with preeminent achievements of the socio-economic development in developing countries through Japan International Cooperation Agency's (JICA) international cooperation activities.
Quality Control SystemEdit
Swift Engineering is an Approved Supplier of several major prime aerospace and aviation companies such as Northrop Grumman, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, and Gulfstream Aerospace. Swift has successfully designed, manufactured, and delivered a wide array of products and vehicles that have met these customer's quality requirements through production control. Swift has an existing configuration management methodology in place which is used throughout the lifetime of the program.
The Swift020/021 is a multi-rotor type VTOL UAS which takes off vertically and flies horizontally. It has been designed by Swift Engineering a ISO9001, AS9100D approved and Nadcap Composites accredited and has a voting member on the Nadcap Supplier committee.
- Max Weight = 41.8 lbs / 19 kg (Fuselage body weight and the total battery weight that is needed to fly)
- Max take off weight = 20 kl
- Measurement = 3.96m L x 1.2m D x 1.2m H
- Transport = 150 lb (1 Commercial Airline Approved Cases)
- Power Plant = All Electric
- Max allowable payload = 1 - 1.5 kg
- Max speed = 110 km/h
- Max achievable altitude = 3000 m
- Wind speed in which flight is possible = Less than 7 m/s(headwind and side wind)
- Reachable distance of the radio waves = Normal-0-40 km, extended range-up to 100 km
- Operating = Altitude 100–400 ft / 30–120 m
- Mission = Endurance 2 hrs
- Range = 120 km
- GCS = Mobile
- Environment temperature for operation = 0 °C to 45 °C
- Amount of rainfall in the environment for operation = less than 25 mm/h
- Flying method = Fully Autonomous control through the ground control station (GCS) and Swift autopilot
The Swift020/021 has the ability to carry numerous types of payloads for collecting intelligence, data, including still image and real-time video cameras, EO/IR and SAR sensors, laser range finders, laser designators, infrared cameras, a high quality digital camera with interchangeable lens Communications relay equipment, and Environmental Monitoring Sensor. The Swift020/021 was designed to provide services in disaster management, surveillance, emergency deliveries, and to also offer high definition videos to assess crop density, growth formation from a bird's-eye view to create action plans, irrigation fertilization, and disease management to increase crop yield.
- https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:ニック_バルア博士対外広報誌「若い力-WAKACHIKA-Vol93」.jpg Interview on Junior Chamber International (JCI)Vol.93
- kobekeizai. "スウィフト・エックスアイがＶＴＯＬ型ドローンの飛行デモ メリケンパーク". 神戸経済ニュース (in Japanese). Retrieved 2018-08-25.
- "ひょうご経済＋｜経済｜故松下幸之助氏の孫、ドローン活用新会社設立". www.kobe-np.co.jp (in Japanese). Retrieved 2018-08-25.
- "VTOL型ドローン「Swift020」が神戸市でデモを披露--強風でも安定飛行". CNET Japan (in Japanese). 2018-07-23. Retrieved 2018-08-25.
- https://www.jica.go.jp/english/news/press/2019/c8h0vm0000f70ba3-att/Laureates.pdf%7CJICA President Award 2019
- "Swift020 UAS flies in Japan - UV - Unmanned Vehicles - Shephard Media". www.shephardmedia.com. Retrieved 2018-08-25.