The Swedish Ice Hockey Association (Swedish: Svenska Ishockeyförbundet (SIF)) in Swedish, is an association of Swedish ice hockey clubs. It was established in Stockholm on 17 November 1922 by representatives from seven clubs. Before then, organized ice hockey in Sweden had been administered by the Swedish Football Association. In 1920, Sweden became a member of the International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF). In addition to ice hockey, SIF is also responsible for inline hockey.
|Association name||Swedish Ice Hockey Association|
|Founded||17 November 1922|
|IIHF membership||23 March 1912|
|IIHF men's ranking||4th (2020)|
|IIHF women's ranking||9th (2020)|
Leagues and levelsEdit
The Swedish Ice Hockey Association is involved in all levels of ice hockey in Sweden. It organizes the two Swedish Championship leagues, the men's Swedish Hockey League (SHL) and Swedish Women's Hockey League (SDHL), in addition to other national, regional, and district leagues and tournaments.
|Region Syd||Region Väst||Region Öst||Region Norr|
Sweden has eight national hockey teams:
- Men's National Team - Tre Kronor
- Women's National Team - Damkronorna
- Men's National U20 - Juniorkronorna (also called Team 20)
- Men's National U19 – Team 19
- Men's National U18 - Småkronorna (also called Team 18)
- Women's National Under-18 Team – Damlandslaget U18
- Men's National U17 – Team 17
- Women National U16 – Damlandslaget U16
- Men's National U16 – Team 16
- Men's National Inline Team
The following have served as chairman.
- Svenska Ishockeyförbundet (Official site both in Swedish only)