Svetlana Kozić (Serbian Cyrillic: Светлана Козић; born 1978) is a politician in Serbia. She has served in the Assembly of Vojvodina since 2016, originally as a member of the It's Enough – Restart association (Dosta je bilo, DJB), better known in English as "Enough Is Enough." Since March 2018, she has served as an independent.
Early life and careerEdit
Kozić was born in Kikinda, Vojvodina, then part of the Socialist Republic of Serbia in the Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics from the University of Novi Sad.
She oversees a private agency focused on marketing, consulting, management, and entrepreneurship training. She served as vice-president of the General Association of Entrepreneurs Kikinda for three years and continues to lead the organization's women's section. She is also a founder of Artese, a non-governmental organization (NGO) bringing together female entrepreneurs in Kikinda.
The 2016 Vojvodina provincial election was the first in the province's recent history to be held entirely under a system of proportional representation. Kozić received the first position on DJB's list and was elected when it won seven mandates. The election was won by the Serbian Progressive Party and its allies, and DJB served in opposition; Kozić led its group in the assembly.
She was also elected to the National Assembly of Serbia in the 2016 Serbian parliamentary election, which was held concurrently with the Vojvodina election. She received the fifth position on DJB's list and was elected when the list won sixteen seats. As she could not hold a dual mandate in the republican and provincial assemblies, she resigned her seat at the republic level. The National Assembly website lists her as having served from 3 to 6 June 2016, before her resignation took effect.
Kozić was expelled from DJB on 29 March 2018, along with other members of the movement. The DJB's main board said that the expelled members had ignored binding decisions, created factions, and sought to bring about the destruction of the organization. Kozić responded that the expulsions were due to some DJB members talking openly about leadership and organizational issues in the movement. She added that the excluded members, and their supporters still within the DJB, could create a new party.
- Svetlana Kozić, Assembly of the Autonomous Province of Vojvodina, accessed 25 July 2018.
- SVETLANA KOZIĆ, National Assembly of Serbia, accessed 25 July 2018.
- Изборне листе за изборе за посланике у Скупштину Аутономне покрајине Војводине (Изборна листа 15 - Доста је било – Саша Радуловић), Provincial Election Commission, Autonomous Province of Vojvodina, Republic of Serbia, accessed 25 July 2018.
- S. Kovačević, "I radikali podržali Pastora", Politika, 2 June 2016, accessed 25 July 2018.
- Избори за народне посланике 2016. године » Изборне листе (ДОСТА ЈЕ БИЛО – САША РАДУЛОВИЋ), Republika Srbija - Republička izborna komisija, accessed 18 March 2017.
- Current Legislature, National Assembly of Serbia, accessed 25 July 2018.
- "DJB: Pokrajinska vlast daje miliione tek osnovanim medijima", Beta, 16 November 2017, accessed 25 July 2018.
- "Glavni odbor DJB isključio tri narodna poslanika", Dosta je bilo, 29 March 2018.
- "Iz 'Dosta je bilo' izbačena tri novosadska odbornika i pokrajinska poslanica", www.021.rs, 29 March 2018.
- "Kozić (DJB): Možda je vreme za novu političku organizaciju", B92, 4 April 2018, accessed 25 July 2018. See also Поздравно писмо, http://svetlanakozic.com/pozdrav/, 12 April 2018, accessed 25 July 2018.