DK-9230 Svenstrup J
Svenstrup station is located on the Randers-Aalborg Line from Randers to Aalborg and is part of the Aalborg Commuter Rail service. It opened in 1872, closed in 1972, and reopened in 2003. The train services are currently operated by the railway companies DSB and Nordjyske Jernbaner.
The original station opened in 1872. In 1899, Svendstrup Station also became the terminus of the new Aars-Nibe-Svendstrup railway line. From 1902, however, all trains on the Aars-Nibe-Svenstrup railway line were continued from Svenstrup to Aalborg station using the tracks of the Randers–Aalborg line. The Aars-Nibe-Svenstrup line was extended to Hvalpsund in 1910. The Aalborg-Hvalpsund Line was closed in 1969. Svendstrup station was closed in 1972 during a series of station closures in the 1970s. It reopened in 2003 as a part of the new Aalborg Commuter Rail service.
The train services are operated by DSB and Nordjyske Jernbaner. The station offers direct InterCity services to Copenhagen and Aalborg, operated by DSB, and commuter train services to Skørping and Aalborg, operated by Nordjyske Jernbaner.
- "Svenstrup Station" (in Danish). DSB. Retrieved 17 October 2020.
- "Standsningssteder på Skagensbanen" (in Danish). Nordjyske Jernbaner. Retrieved 4 May 2021.
- "Om Nordjyske Jernbaner" (in Danish). Nordjyske Jernbaner. Retrieved 22 July 2019.
- Jensen (1976), p. 12.
- "Aalborg Nærbane" (in Danish). Nordjyllands Jernbaner. Retrieved 2 August 2020.
- "Stationer Randers – Aalborg". Nordjyllands Jernbaner (in Danish). Retrieved 29 April 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Svenstrup Station.|
- (in Danish) Banedanmark – government agency responsible for maintenance and traffic control of most of the Danish railway network
- (in Danish) DSB – largest Danish train operating company
- (in Danish) Nordjyske Jernbaner – Danish railway company operating in North Jutland Region
- (in Danish) Danske Jernbaner – website with information on railway history in Denmark
- (in Danish) Nordjyllands Jernbaner – website with information on railway history in North Jutland