Sven Schulze (born 31 July 1979) is a German politician of the Christian Democratic Union (CDU) who has been serving as State Minister for Economic Affairs in the government of Minister-President of Saxony-Anhalt Reiner Haseloff since 2021. He was previously a Member of the European Parliament from 2014 to 2021.
|Member of the European Parliament|
1 July 2014 – 2021
|Born||31 July 1979|
|Political party|| German|
Christian Democratic Union
European People's Party
Education and early careerEdit
Since 2006, Schulze has been a board member of the CDU from Saxony-Anhalt and the chairman of the Junge Union of Saxony-Anhalt. In 2011, he became chairman of the working committee for European affairs of the CDU of Saxony-Anhalt.
Member of the European Parliament, 2014–2021Edit
In 2014, Schulze was elected to the European Parliament. In Parliament, he served as vice-chair of the Committee on Transport and Tourism from 2019. He was previously a member of the Committee on Industry, Research and Energy (2017-2019), the Committee on Employment and Social Affairs.
In addition to his committee assignments, Schulze was part of the parliament's delegations for relations with the Mashreq Countries, the Parliamentary Assembly - Union for the Mediterranean and with the countries of Southeast Asia and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (since 2021). He also served as a member of the European Parliament Intergroup on Biodiversity, Countryside, Hunting and Recreational Fisheries.
Career in state politicsEdit
Since 2021, Schulze has been serving as chairman of the CDU in Saxony-Anhalt.
As one of the state's representatives at the Bundesrat since 2021, Schulze serves on the Committee on Agriculture and Consumer Protection and the Committee on Economic Affairs. He is also a member of the German-Russian Friendship Group set up by the Bundesrat and the Russian Federation Council.
- Sachsen-Anhalts CDU-Chef im Interview: „Das war kein Kampf Schulze gegen Willingmann“ Mitteldeutsche Zeitung, September 9, 2021.
- "European elections: MEP lists country-by-country (Complete)". The Parliament Magazine. 26 May 2014. Retrieved 7 February 2015.
- Mia Bartoloni (March 26, 2021), Movers & Shakers The Parliament Magazine.
- Member of the European Parliament Intergroup on Biodiversity, Countryside, Hunting and Recreational Fisheries European Parliament.
- Hagen Eichler (March 28, 2021), Antritt in der Krise: Sven Schulze ist CDU-Chef „Stimmung in der Partei ist nicht gut“ Mitteldeutsche Zeitung.
- Rückendeckung für Merz aus Thüringen und Sachsen-Anhalt Die Welt, 16 November 2021.