Suzanne Le Mignot
Early life and educationEdit
Le Mignot began her broadcasting career while she was in college, working from 1989 until 1993 at the University of South Florida-owned, PBS-affiliated, WUSF-TV in Tampa, Florida as a production assistant and associate producer. She also worked as a news anchor and reporter in Belgrade, Serbia from 1991 until 1992.
After college, Le Mignot joined WBBM radio in Chicago as a news anchor and reporter in 1994. In 1995, she joined WTMJ-AM in Milwaukee as an anchor-reporter. She also worked briefly as a news anchor at WGN-AM in Chicago before rejoining WBBM in late 1996.
Le Mignot began working for WBBM-TV as a free-lance reporter in 1995, and moved up to full-time status with the station (and therefore quit WBBM radio) in late 1999, when she became WBBM-TV's correspondent for Chicago's South Side and south suburbs. In 2000, Le Mignot became an early morning news anchor at WBBM-TV, a role she held until 2001, when she returned to dayside general assignment reporting duties.
In February 2002, the Chicago Sun-Times reported that Le Mignot's contract would not be renewed by WBBM-TV, and she briefly left the station. However, she signed a new contract in June 2002 and returned to the station.
In early 2006, Le Mignot became the weekend morning news anchor at WBBM-TV. She current co-anchors with Mike Puccinelli, and she also performs general assignment reporting during the week.
Le Mignot won an Associated Press award in 2007 for a piece she reported on the inability by commuter railroads' bomb-sniffing dogs to detect explosives. She also won local and national Emmy awards in 2008.
Le Mignot lives in the Gold Coast area of Chicago.
- Foster, Stella (January 25, 2005). "Stella's column". Chicago Sun-Times. p. 52.
- Feder, Robert (November 30, 1995). "Tom Joyner's show flies over to V-103". Chicago Sun-Times. p. 45.
- Feder, Robert (October 8, 1996). "New Channel 2 boss will need lots of luck". Chicago Sun-Times. p. 33.
- Kirk, Jim (1999-06-29). "'Up 'N Running' Outpaces Rival". Chicago Tribune.
- Feder, Robert (October 22, 1999). "Rosty's misfortune part of 'American Life'". Chicago Sun-Times. p. 59.
- Feder, Robert (September 7, 2000). "Rock 'n' Roll talk show outgrows WXRT host". Chicago Sun-Times. p. 39.
- Feder, Robert (August 9, 2001). "We'll see if new Ch. 2 slogan works for them". Chicago Sun-Times. p. 57.
- Feder, Robert (February 27, 2002). "Radio stars match wits on 'The Weakest Link'". Chicago Sun-Times. p. 59.
- Feder, Robert (June 12, 2002). "Oprah trades reruns for new 'vibing party'". Chicago Sun-Times. p. 71.
- Feder, Robert (January 10, 2006). "Weekend shuffle bumps couple off anchor desk". Chicago Sun-Times. p. 63.
- Feder, Robert (August 14, 2007). "Anchor pageant - Channel 2 looks inside to find replacement for weekend news anchor". Chicago Sun-Times. p. 43.
- Feder, Robert (September 21, 2007). "Political correct - Feeling heat from Hispanic activists, Channel 2 promotes weekend anchor". Chicago Sun-Times. p. 59.