Suwon Station is a railway station in the city of Suwon, South Korea. The station was completely redeveloped in 2002 and 2003, and is now integrated with the Aekyung Shopping Mall (AK Plaza). This station serves the national Gyeongbu Line and Line 1 of the Seoul subway, which runs services from Soyosan Station to the north to Sinchang to the south.
|Location||18 Maesanro 1-ga, |
|December 31, 1975||Line 1 opened|
|November 30, 2013||Bundang Line opened|
|Passengers||(Daily) Based on Jan-Dec of 2012.|
Line 1: 88,760
Suwon Station opened on January 1, 1905. On December 1, 1930, the narrow gauge Suryeo Line from Suwon to Yeoju opened. On August 6, 1937, the Suin Line from Suwon to Incheon began operating services. Over three decades later, on April 1, 1972, the Suryeo Line closed, though two years later, on December 31, 1975, the Seoul Subway began services to Suwon. The Suin Line and narrow gauge services were both terminated on January 1, 1996.
Suwon Station shares a building with AK Plaza. The station itself is above ground (for all services) and underground (for metro services only). There are many stores and restaurants located in the station and outside of the station. Also, there is Lotte Department Store back from the station. The mall consists of a shopping mall and the Lotte Cinema theater. And there is Suwon Station Transit Center connected to Suwon station.
In a survey conducted in 2011 by the Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs on 92 Administrative divisions across the country, it reported that the bus stop, near Suwon Railway Station and AK Plaza, was the most frequently used, with a daily average of 77,326 people boarding and 63,255 people alighting.
- AK mall
- Lotte mall
- CGV theater
- Book Libro
- Gyeonggi-do Provincial Government
- "수원역" (in Korean). Doosan Encyclopedia. Retrieved 2015-08-31.
- Monthly Number of Passengers between General Railroad Stations Archived 2014-10-08 at the Wayback Machine. Korea Transportation Database, 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-15.
- Monthly Number of Passengers between Subway Stations Archived 2014-10-06 at the Wayback Machine. Korea Transportation Database, 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-15.
- "롯데몰 소개 > Concept/BI : 롯데몰 수원". suwon.lottemall.co.kr. Retrieved 2019-03-18.
- "Gangnam Busiest Subway Station in Korea". Chosun Ilbo. 23 April 2012. Retrieved 25 April 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Suwon Station.|