Sussanne Khan , formerly known as Sussanne Roshan (born 26 October 1978) is the daughter of Sanjay Khan, a veteran actor and film producer and the ex-wife of the popular Bollywood Hindi actor, Hrithik Roshan. She is an Indian interior fashion designer.
Sussane Khan in 2018.
|Other names||Sussanne Roshan, Suzanne Khan, Suzanne Roshan, Suzain|
|Alma mater||Brooks College, California|
|Occupation||fashion designer, interior designer|
|Home town||Mumbai, Maharashtra|
(m. 2000; div. 2014)
|Parent(s)||Sanjay Khan (Father)|
Zarine Katrak Khan (Mother)
|Relatives||Zayed Khan (Brother)|
Farah Khan Ali (Sister)
Simone Arora (Sister)
Feroz Khan (actor) (Uncle)
Fardeen Khan (first cousin)
Sussanne Khan was born to Sanjay Khan and Zarine Katrak on 26 October 1978, in Mumbai. She was born as the third child in their family; a family rich with film artists and fashion designers including her father, Sanjay Khan who was a prominent actor during 1980's. Her mother, Zarine Katrak is also an actress as well as an interior designer. She has 2 elder sisters and a younger brother.
Her younger brother, Zayed Khan is also an actor who works in Bollywood industry. Farah Khan Ali who was born as the eldest child out of the four is a jewelry designer and Sussanne's second elder sister, Simone Khan, is an interior designer.
After obtaining an Art Associate Degree in interior designing in 1995 from the Brooks College in USA, Sussanne Khan started her career as an interior designer in 1996 by following the footsteps of her mother who was also a well known interior design during her active career.
In 2011, she partnered with fellow interior designer and a well recognised film producer, Gauri Khan, to launch and introduce The Charcoal Project foundation in Mumbai, which is the first interior fashion design store in India. The Charcoal Project is also considered as the most popular design store in India.
Sussanne Khan married Hrithik Roshan on 20th of December 2000, the son of film director, Rakesh Roshan. Hrithik Roshan who rose to prominence in the Bollywood film industry in early 2000 after making his mark with playing a lead role in the blockbuster box office hit film, Kaho Naa... Pyaar Hai which was directed by Hrithik's father, Rakesh Roshan. The marriage took place at a 5-star hotel in Bangalore, which is also the home town of Sussanne.
In 2014, the latter got divorced after 14 years of marriage life.
However, both Hrithik Roshan and Sussanne Khan revealed that they are still communicating with each other for the betterment of their children, as close friends but not with a falsifying relationship.
- Assomull, Sujata. "Business of Fashion: When 3 is Company". m.khaleejtimes.com. Retrieved 2018-05-19.
- "Sussanne Khan (Actress) Height, Weight, Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Sons, Biography & More | StarsUnfolded". starsunfolded.com. Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- "Meet the original style mavens, Gauri Khan, Sussanne Khan, Twinkle Khanna | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". dna. 2018-01-13. Retrieved 2018-05-19.
- Jeshi, K. (2016-09-01). "'I am enchanted by the world of design'". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2018-05-19.
- "WHY SUSSANNE KHAN IS ONE OF THE TOP INTERIOR DESIGNERS IN INDIA". www.delightfull.eu. Retrieved 2018-05-19.
- "Sussanne Khan, Gauri Shinde feted as women achievers". The Indian Express. 2017-04-08. Retrieved 2018-05-19.
- "Exclusive: Sussanne Khan joins as the first Indian designer for Yoo". Vogue India. 2015-02-26. Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- Bhatia, Ritika (2015-05-02). "Quiet luxury". Business Standard India. Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- "Simply Suzzane". India Today. Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-04-20. Retrieved 2017-09-30.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Hrithik Roshan". IMDb. Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- "Are Hrithik Roshan and Sussanne Khan getting married again?". Vogue India. 2018-01-23. Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- "Sussanne Khan Finally Revealed That Why She Ended Her 13 Years Of Marriage With Hrithik Roshan". BollywoodShaadis. Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- "Hrithik Roshan, Forever And Always: Ex-Wife Sussanne Khan's Birthday Post". NDTV.com. Retrieved 2018-05-18.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sussanne Khan.|